Here’s an easy to follow video tutorial by photographer Lucas Ridley teaching you how to create custom bokeh shapes using a construction paper cap placed over your lens. Ridley’s design is flexible, allowing you to swap shapes easily by sliding them in and out of the cap.
Video Tutorial for Making Custom Bokeh
- Published on September 6, 2010 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- Humor: Local Woman Prints iPhone Photos, Leaving Friends and Family Shocked
- 10 Things Non-Photo People Do That Annoy the Crap Out of Photo Enthusiasts
- Top 10 Rules of Travel Photography
- Eerie and Fascinating Photos of a Completely Empty New York City Taken in 1964
- Video: Blind Photographer Shows Us What it Really Means to 'See'
- Best Photobomb Ever? Queen Sneaks Into Selfie at Commonwealth Games
- Understanding Aperture: Why Shooting Wide Open Isn't Always the Best Choice
- Student and Photo Enthusiast Takes His Own Grad Photo, Blows Away the Standard Grad Shot
- Curious Coincidence: Photo Shows Same Time and Place as Frame from Hitchcock's 'Vertigo'
- Border Official Threatens Boy Scout with 10 Years in Prison and $10K Fine for Taking a Picture
- Crab Tries to Steal GoPro, Reinforces Our Belief that Animals Love Action Cams
- Facebook Ups Photo Size by Almost 20%
- Photo Collages That Show the 4 Seasons with 1 Million Photos Each
- The War Against Photography is Growing Alongside the Use of Security Cameras
- Focus Peaking Making Its Way onto More Digital Cameras