Here’s an easy to follow video tutorial by photographer Lucas Ridley teaching you how to create custom bokeh shapes using a construction paper cap placed over your lens. Ridley’s design is flexible, allowing you to swap shapes easily by sliding them in and out of the cap.
Video Tutorial for Making Custom Bokeh
- Published on September 6, 2010 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- Call of Duty Ad Imagines the Crazy Man Behind the KillCam Camera
- Photographer Shoots a Portrait of Every Book Reader Spotted on the Subway
- Filipino Domestic Worker Earns Prestigious Magnum Fellowship for Her Photography
- Photographer Makes Fruits and Vegetables Glow by Sticking Lights Inside
- The Leatherman Tread Moves Your Multi-Tool Out of Your Camera Bag and Onto Your Wrist
- 31 Rolls of Undeveloped Film from a Soldier in WWII Discovered and Processed
- Words of Wisdom for Photographers by Renowned Photojournalist Steve McCurry
- JPEG Voodoo: Or, Does JPEG File Size Matter?
- 24 Tips by Legendary Filmmaker Werner Herzog
- Photographer Suing Nike for Ripping Off His Photo for Its Iconic Jordan 'Jumpman' Logo