Want a “complete set” of Nikon DSLR equipment without having to buy each of the lenses individually? The Japanese camera shop Map Camera is offering a sale on a massive Nikon kit containing a Nikon D4 and 20 different Nikkor N lenses. All you need is $82,700.
According to the helpful robotic minds at Google Translate, the name of the package is the “Nikon Chivalrous Nanocrystals Complete Set.” That seems a bit strange, so we’re guessing the name makes a little more sense than that in Japanese.
Here’s the full list of items included in the set:
- Nikon D4
- AF-S NIKKOR 14-24mm F2.8G ED
- AF-S NIKKOR 16-35mm F4G ED VR
- AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm F2.8G ED
- AF-S NIKKOR 24-120mm F4G ED VR
- AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm F2.8G ED VR II
- AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm F4G ED VR
- AF-S NIKKOR 80-400mm F4.5-5.6G ED VR
- AF-S NIKKOR 200-400mm F4G ED VR II
- AF-S NIKKOR 24mm F1.4G ED
- AF-S NIKKOR 28mm F1.8G
- AF-S NIKKOR 35mm F1.4G
- AF-S Micro NIKKOR 60mm F2.8G ED
- AF-S NIKKOR 85mm F1.4G
- AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED
- AF-S NIKKOR 200mm F2G ED VR II
- AF-S NIKKOR 300mm F2.8G ED VR II
- AF-S NIKKOR 400mm F2.8G ED VR
- AF-S NIKKOR 500mm F4G ED VR
- AF-S NIKKOR 600mm F4G ED VR
- AF-S NIKKOR 800mm F5.6E FL ED VR
Nikon Rumors did some number crunching, and calculated that this full set would have a retail value of $89,800 in the United States. Map Camera is selling the kit for ¥8,000,000, or roughly $82,744.
What’s interesting is that more than 60% of the kit’s value is due to just 6 lenses in the kit: the $17,900 800mm f/5.6, the $9,800 600mm f/4, the $8,400 500mm f/4, the $9,000 400mm f/2.8, the $5,800 300mm f/2.8, and the $5,800 200mm f/2. Those six lenses cost nearly $60,000 by themselves!
So, if you have any ridiculously rich friends who have been asking for advice on what DSLR gear to buy, you can show them this crazy starter kit designed just for them!