Admittedly, lighting tutorials are pretty common these days; but when it comes to a subject as vast as proper lighting in the studio, more info can’t hurt. This 10 minute tutorial from The Slanted Lens by Jay P. Morgan runs you through the differences between octaboxes/octadomes and the traditional softbox, when it might be beneficial to use one over the other, and how to choose the proper octabox lighting setup to fit your needs. All pretty useful info if you ask us.
Understanding Octoboxes, A Quick Lighting Tutorial by Jay P. Morgan
- Published on May 13, 2012 by DL Cade
Hot Stories Top 100
- How to Do Cinematic Color Grading on Your Photos with Photoshop
- Arkansas Passes Privacy Bill That Could Kill Street Photography
- 13 Mind-Bending Thoughts About Photography
- Instagram Censors Photo of Fully Clothed Woman on Period, Causes Uproar
- The World's Smallest 80MP Medium Format Camera for Drones Unveiled by Phase One Industrial
- Taking Pictures: A Cute Animated Short About Love and Photography
- Seascapes: Ocean Waves Photographed to Look Like Mountain Ranges
- Humor: That Annoying 'Take Another Photo!' Girl You Always Get in Group Portraits
- Photographers Shooting in West Virginia Reportedly Harassed and Detained by 'Mob'
- Pranksters Put Up Fake 'Shot on iPhone 6' Ads Next to Real Apple Billboards