Admittedly, lighting tutorials are pretty common these days; but when it comes to a subject as vast as proper lighting in the studio, more info can’t hurt. This 10 minute tutorial from The Slanted Lens by Jay P. Morgan runs you through the differences between octaboxes/octadomes and the traditional softbox, when it might be beneficial to use one over the other, and how to choose the proper octabox lighting setup to fit your needs. All pretty useful info if you ask us.
Understanding Octoboxes, A Quick Lighting Tutorial by Jay P. Morgan
- Published on May 13, 2012 by DL Cade
Hot Stories Top 100
- What Would You Do if the Prime Minister of India Stole Your Photo?
- Monopods No Longer Allowed at OU Football Games Because of Lens Crushing Incident
- Artist Sparks Outrage After Using Instagram to Share Her Vandalism of at Least 10 National Parks
- How to Capture a Complex 5-Light Beer Bottle Product Shot from Start to Finish
- Video: The Golden Ratio vs. The Rule of Thirds
- Nikon Scores Another DxOMark Hit with the D750, Its 6th Camera to Make the Top 10
- A Photograph of Your Face in a Jar Makes for a Creepy Halloween Prank
- GoPro Vs. Golf Club: See if a Naked GoPro Can Survive a Swing from a 9 Iron
- Florida Man Shoots Selfie with Phone After Ex-Lover Shoots Him with Gun
- Old Faithful: Studio Portraits of Really Old Dogs