Photographer Jay P. Morgan of The Slanted Lens made this short 8-minute video with 7 easy ways you can lose your photography clients.
“If you do these seven things, you’re going to lose your photo and video clients. I guarantee it,” says Morgan. “That’s right, I’m going to teach you the 7 best ways to keep your clients from ever hiring you again.”
Here’s a quick rundown of the 7 ways you can lose clients:
1. Don’t have any idea what your client wants
2. There’s no reason to worry about your client and how they’re feeling during the shoot
3. When things aren’t going well technically, concentrate on that problem
4. Just give your client what they want and be done with it
5. There’s no reason to share your photos with the world
6. There’s no reason to deliver your images until your client calls you 2 or 3 times
7. Don’t worry about following up with clients after the work is done
Want to keep your clients and have them repeatedly return as happy and loyal customers? “I’ll also let you in on the 7 best ways to keep your clients coming back, time after time,” Morgan says.