Trey Ratcliff is the well-known and well-loved HDR photographer behind the travel photography blog Stuck in Customs, and in this behind-the-scenes video he talks you though his gear and how he sets up a few shots of this rocky beach in the Virgin Islands. The video offers some great insight into Trey’s thought process as he composes the resulting HDR images, one of which you can see in higher resolution (including some 100% crops) here.
Shooting a Rocky Beach in HDR with Trey Ratcliff
- Published on May 20, 2012 by DL Cade
Hot Stories Top 100
- GoPro Survives 17 Months Bouncing Around a Riverbed After Filming Its Final Moments
- Taylor Swift Crashes Young Fan's Photo Shoot While Out Jogging in Nashville
- Musician Ryan Adams Stops Show to Yell at Fan Whose Flash Triggers His Ménière’s Disease
- A Mother's Darkly Humorous Portraits of 'Domestic Bliss'
- Inside the Warrior: Striking Portraits that Reveal the Masculine Side of Yoga
- Dramatic Black-and-White Studio Portraits of Goats and Sheep... Seriously
- The Bob Ross of Bug Photography Returns with a Solid Overview of the Macro Workflow
- Video: Does Gear 6x the Price Get You a 6x Better Photo? (Spoiler: No)
- This is What Adobe's Cloud-Based Version of Photoshop Looks (and Works) Like
- Lammily Doll With Realistic Measurements Gets a Photoshop Makeover in Powerful Video
- Epic Paralympic Commercial Shot in One Take with No CGI
- Interview with Action-Sport Photographer Tim Kemple
- The Big Hands: Yet Another Teaser for Nikon’s Mirrorless Camera?
- NASA Zooms Into Stunning Hubble Photo to Show You a Galaxy that’s Falling Apart
- An Interview with Henri Cartier-Bresson, the Father of Photojournalism