After a bit of confusion, Adobe has released and confirmed the Lightroom 3 Beta 2.
Some highlights of the new free beta software are:
- Faster import and loading for images
- Native tethered capture for Nikon and Canon cameras – upload and see images while you shoot, segment them by session. This is extremely useful for commercial and studio photography.
- Luminance noise reduction – another way to reduce color noise in an image — and it looks great in this video demo at about 4:00.
- Import and manage video files
- Customizable watermarking capabilities
Lightroom 3 Beta 2 is available for download from the Adobe Labs site. Adobe encourages and emphasizes its response to user feedback from the Adobe community forums, as well.
Adobe has also extended the beta expiration date from April to June 30, 2010, leaving plenty of time to take the beta for a spin.