Is your Photoshop running a bit sluggish at times? There might be a way to speed things up. Here’s a helpful 10.5-minute video by photoshopCAFE that goes over 10 tips that will help you squeeze the fastest possible performance from the program.
Here’s a rundown of the 10 tips covered in the video (along with the timestamps where they’re found):
- 00:50: Lose the welcome screen
- 01:30: Shrink the New Document window
- 02:00: Increase Recent Documents to 100
- 02:45: Use 80% of your RAM
- 03:20: Fix display issues
- 03:48: Legacy compositing
- 04:15: Scratch disk
- 05:38: Don’t copy and paste
- 06:40: Free up resources
- 07:42: The fix all (resetting preferences)
Here’s an article we published a few years ago with a closer look at a few of the tips covered in this video.