Nikon Ranks Highest in Customer Satisfaction Among Online DSLR Buyers
A study conducted by market research firm J.D. Power and Associates has found that “Nikon Pro Series” DSLRs rank highest in customer satisfaction. The company surveyed 4,500 verified online DSLR buyers to find out their satisfaction across five factors: image quality, durability, features, ease of use, and responsiveness.
The Nikon Pro Series ranks highest in online buyer satisfaction with a score of 914. The Nikon Pro Series performs particularly well in shutter speed/lag time, durability and reliability and ease of operation. The Canon Mark-Series follows in the rankings with a score of 909, and performs particularly well in performance and picture quality. The Canon D-Series and Nikon D-Series rank third in a tie, each with a score of 889.
Overall, customers were most satisfied with image quality but least satisfied with durability and responsiveness.
Here are some other interesting findings:
- Online buyers spend an average of $937 on their camera.
- Online buyers report taking an average of 918 photos per month using their DSLR camera.
- A vast majority of online buyers (87%) say they “definitely will” recommend their DSLR camera to friends and family.
- One-third of online DSLR buyers use their camera for shooting video.
- While overall performance is cited as a reason for purchasing a particular DSLR model 31 percent of the time, online buyers cite previous ownership and brand reputation nearly as often.
So about one-third of all DSLR owners chose their camera based on brand loyalty (and reputation) rather than how well the camera performs. That seems about right.