Here’s another video featuring SF photo shop Photobooth and its tintype portraits. Will and Norm of Tested talk to shop owner Michael Shindler, who goes in depth into how tintype photographs are created and the science behind the process.
The Science Behind Tintype Photography
- Published on June 4, 2012 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- This Sports Photographer Missed an Incredible Catch and Got Fired... Except He Didn't... and He...
- Marked Up Photographs Show How Iconic Prints Were Edited in the Darkroom
- Young Self-Taught Photographer Captures Wanderers Against Magnificent Landscapes
- Old Photos Reveal Weird Thanksgiving Traditions from 100 Years Ago
- Impressive Product Photograph Captured with a Smartphone, a Lamp, and a Few Flashlights
- Sony Officially Announces the a7II in the US! Will Ship in Time for Christmas
- Power Hungry: Poignant Photos Compare the Meals of the Rich and Poor Throughout History
- GoPro Survives 17 Months Bouncing Around a Riverbed After Filming Its Final Moments
- Flickr Taking Heat from CC Photographers for Selling Their Work as Wall Art Without Compensation
- Using Clipping Masks and Drop Shadows to Turn Any Portrait Into a Sculpturesque Image