How would you go about photographing a $380,000 Lamborghini Aventador? Here’s an interesting behind the scenes video in which photographer Blair Bunting presents a step-by-step walkthrough of how went about doing it. He uses $60,000 in lighting gear, but also demonstrates how you can achieve similar lighting by light painting with a single softbox. Another neat trick is using a small light and a model car to plan your lighting setup prior to working with the actual car. The finished photograph can be seen here.
How to Photograph a $380,000 Car with $60,000 in Lighting Gear
- Published on April 3, 2012 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- This Guy's Wife Refused to Take Maternity Photos, So He Posed for Them Instead
- Chinese SWAT Member and Fiancée's Action-Packed Engagement Photos Go Viral
- How I Photograph the Milky Way in the Light-Polluted Skies of Singapore
- 'Time-Lapse' Condenses 1 Hour of Air Strikes into 1 Minute, Shows Gaza Neighborhood Leveled
- Sony a7S Astrophotography Review
- Things I Learned After My Photo Hit #1 on Reddit, and Why I Probably Shouldn't Have Posted It
- Shoot Hazy and Ethereal Photos Using a Sandwich Bag and Colored Markers
- Would You Pay $35,000 to Buy the Only Print of This Gorgeous Cape Town Photograph?
- Rumor: Nikon Planning to Release a Camera Featuring Sony's 50MP Medium Format CMOS Sensor
- Urbex Photographer Discovers Eerie 'Train Graveyard' in North Carolina Forest