How would you go about photographing a $380,000 Lamborghini Aventador? Here’s an interesting behind the scenes video in which photographer Blair Bunting presents a step-by-step walkthrough of how went about doing it. He uses $60,000 in lighting gear, but also demonstrates how you can achieve similar lighting by light painting with a single softbox. Another neat trick is using a small light and a model car to plan your lighting setup prior to working with the actual car. The finished photograph can be seen here.
How to Photograph a $380,000 Car with $60,000 in Lighting Gear
- Published on April 3, 2012 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- Comparing the Image Quality of Film and Digital
- Photo of Woman Glued to Her Phone Wins the 2014 National Geographic Photo Contest
- This Photographer Transforms His Dog Into Different Animals Every Holiday Season
- This Guy Used a Photobooth to Capture Photos and a Video of His Proposal
- Fan Gets Karate Kicked by Guitarist While Snapping an On-Stage Selfie
- High Megapixel Canon DSLR Will Arrive in 2015, Will Likely Cost Less Than $4,000
- Columnist: Prince Harry Photographing Africans with Fujifilm X100 is 'Arrogant' and 'Colonial'
- Famous Paintings Recreated as Photos Using Things Around the Office
- Thriftier Fifty: Yongnuo Has Cloned the Cheap Canon 50mm f/1.8 II to Make it Even Cheaper
- PrintSnap Wants to Bring Back the Instant Picture Using Dirt Cheap Receipt Paper