How would you go about photographing a $380,000 Lamborghini Aventador? Here’s an interesting behind the scenes video in which photographer Blair Bunting presents a step-by-step walkthrough of how went about doing it. He uses $60,000 in lighting gear, but also demonstrates how you can achieve similar lighting by light painting with a single softbox. Another neat trick is using a small light and a model car to plan your lighting setup prior to working with the actual car. The finished photograph can be seen here.
How to Photograph a $380,000 Car with $60,000 in Lighting Gear
- Published on April 3, 2012 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- Pranksters Put Up Fake 'Shot on iPhone 6' Ads Next to Real Apple Billboards
- Check Out the Nikon P900's Ridiculous 83x Zoom
- Instagram Censors Photo of Fully Clothed Woman on Period, Causes Uproar
- Hike-Lapse: Man Walks the 2,600 Miles from Mexico to Canada and Snaps a Selfie Every Mile
- Just the Lenses: The Great 200mm Shootout
- Amazon Announces Unlimited Photo Storage for Just $12 a Year
- Photographers Shooting in West Virginia Reportedly Harassed and Detained by 'Mob'
- InstantFlex TL70 is a Rolleiflex Twin-Lens Reflex Clone for Instax Instant Photos
- An Automated Slide Film Scanner Built with LEGOs
- Beastgrip Pro is a Versatile Lens Adapter and Camera Rig for Smartphone Shooters