What would you do if you were given the task of creating a self-portrait within 20 minutes in front of an auditorium packed with people? That was the challenge given to photographers David Hobby, Martin Prihoda, and Gregory Heisler earlier this month at Gulf Photo Plus 2012 in Dubai. The video above shows what unfolded. It’s like watching the photography equivalent of a freestyle rap battle.
3 Top Photographers Compete in a 20-Minute Self-Portrait Shoot Out
- Published on March 27, 2012 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- Open Letter to Client Regarding the 'Job Killer' Quoted Rate
- Rumor: Sony a9 Pro Full Frame E-Mount Will Be the First of a New, Higher-End Line
- Here are Portraits of Dogs Flying Through the Air
- What's the Fastest Lens Theoretically Possible? And What Would it Look Like?
- What Photographers Really Should Be Learning in School
- Sony Announces the a7II: The World's First Full-Frame Camera with 5-Axis Image Stabilization
- The Consequences of Working for Free
- Heroes, Villains, and Pop Culture Characters Go 'Super Flemish' in 16th Century Style Portraits
- Mesmerizing 4K Time-Lapse of Earth Captured by a Weather Satellite 25,000 Miles Away
- Rumor: Sony May Announce a7II with 5-Axis Stabilization Within the Next Few Days
- Craigslist Ad, Spoofed Screenshot Mock Sun-Times After Photographer Layoffs
- Imagelogr Causes Uproar Over Photo Indexing Practices, Goes Offline
- Camera+ Shuttered from App Store for Hidden Banned Feature
- Monoprice Selling Apple-Quality 27-Inch Monitors for Less Than Half the Price
- Humor: What if Monopoly Were Designed With Photographers in Mind?