It’s always fun listening to photographers recount once-in-a-lifetime experiences that lead to once-in-a-lifetime photographs. In this short National Geographic video, photographer Brian Skerry describes what it was like to get up close and personal with a 45-foot-long whale. We only wish there was a little video to go along with his wonderful storytelling!
Photographing a 45-Foot-Long Whale
- Published on February 12, 2011 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- Canon 5Ds Leaked! It's a 50.6MP Full Frame DSLR
- Unretouched Photo from Justin Bieber's Calvin Klein Shoot Reveals Photoshop Enhancements
- Will the Real Landscape Photography Please Stand Up?
- 'Cloud Bursting' Service Can Ensure Sunny Wedding Photos for $150,000
- The Magical Fairy Tale-Inspired Portraits of Ukrainian Photographer Anita Anti
- 'Photographs': A Touching Animated Short About an Old Lady and a Polaroid Camera
- Watch How DSLR Shutters Work in 10,000FPS Super Slow Motion
- How I Shot a Triple Transit of Jupiter's Moons from My Driveway With My DSLR
- Adobe Files Lawsuit Against Forever 21 for Pirating Copies of Photoshop
- How I Built a Custom Desk and Wire-Free Workspace for My Photo Editing