It’s always fun listening to photographers recount once-in-a-lifetime experiences that lead to once-in-a-lifetime photographs. In this short National Geographic video, photographer Brian Skerry describes what it was like to get up close and personal with a 45-foot-long whale. We only wish there was a little video to go along with his wonderful storytelling!
Photographing a 45-Foot-Long Whale
- Published on February 12, 2011 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- Man Has DSLR Stolen by Flight Attendant, Then Finds it on eBay and Gets It Back
- Coming Soon: 52-Megapixel Cameras in Smartphones
- Photo Scanning Businessman Being Sued for $90M After Making $120K Per Week
- The Sun-Blaster: How to Build a Powerful DIY 1000W-Equivalent LED Light for $40
- This is Why You Shouldn't Check Your Camera Gear In When Flying
- Policeman Returns Woman's Smartphone by Posting Photos to Her Facebook Page
- Mitakon Speedmaster 85mm f/1.2: A 'Dream' Portrait Lens from China
- A First-Person Shooter Called Street Photography
- WikiLeaks' Sony Docs: A7r II, A6000 II, and RX Cameras Coming. A-Mount Left to Die?
- Man Who Shot South Carolina Police Shooting Wants $10,000 Per Use