The golden hour in photography is the first or last hour of sunlight in a day that photographers often aim to shoot in, since the sun’s position produces a soft and warm light with longer shadows. The Golden Hour Calculator is a useful website that can help you calculate the golden hour(s) for your location, telling you exactly when the sun rises and sets.
Calculate Your Local Golden Hour
- Published on March 9, 2010 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- The Unbelievable Case of Teresa Blau Kursman, a Pathological Photo Stealer Who Just Doesn't Stop
- Photographer Cleverly Shames HuffPo After They Use Her Imgur-Hosted Photo without Permission
- Sony A7s Video Shot Using Only Moonlight Looks Like it Was Captured at Dawn
- Photographer Puts the iPhone 5S, 6 and 6 Plus Through Their Paces in Iceland
- Old, Inexpensive, and Tack-Sharp: Canon’s Best Lenses You Don’t Know About
- Biracial Woman Asks Photoshop Artists From 18 Countries to 'Make Her Beautiful'
- California Lawyer Photoshopped Herself into Pics with Celebrities, Now Faces Suspension
- Video: Review Pits the Nikon D750 Against the D610 and D810
- Useful Free Lightroom Plugin Shows You What Focus Points Your Camera Used for Each Photo
- Humor: 'Creepiest Canon Camera Review EVER' Parodies Camera Comparisons