The golden hour in photography is the first or last hour of sunlight in a day that photographers often aim to shoot in, since the sun’s position produces a soft and warm light with longer shadows. The Golden Hour Calculator is a useful website that can help you calculate the golden hour(s) for your location, telling you exactly when the sun rises and sets.
Calculate Your Local Golden Hour
- Published on March 9, 2010 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- What Would You Do if the Prime Minister of India Stole Your Photo?
- Monopods No Longer Allowed at OU Football Games Because of Lens Crushing Incident
- Artist Sparks Outrage After Using Instagram to Share Her Vandalism of at Least 10 National Parks
- How to Capture a Complex 5-Light Beer Bottle Product Shot from Start to Finish
- Nikon Scores Another DxOMark Hit with the D750, Its 6th Camera to Make the Top 10
- Florida Man Shoots Selfie with Phone After Ex-Lover Shoots Him with Gun
- GoPro Vs. Golf Club: See if a Naked GoPro Can Survive a Swing from a 9 Iron
- Old Faithful: Studio Portraits of Really Old Dogs
- This Photo of China's President in the Rain Just Won the Country's Equivalent of the Pulitzer Prize
- A Photograph of Your Face in a Jar Makes for a Creepy Halloween Prank