The golden hour in photography is the first or last hour of sunlight in a day that photographers often aim to shoot in, since the sun’s position produces a soft and warm light with longer shadows. The Golden Hour Calculator is a useful website that can help you calculate the golden hour(s) for your location, telling you exactly when the sun rises and sets.
Calculate Your Local Golden Hour
- Published on March 9, 2010 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- Humor: Local Woman Prints iPhone Photos, Leaving Friends and Family Shocked
- 10 Things Non-Photo People Do That Annoy the Crap Out of Photo Enthusiasts
- Curious Coincidence: Photo Shows Same Time and Place as Frame from Hitchcock's 'Vertigo'
- Top 10 Rules of Travel Photography
- Best Photobomb Ever? Queen Sneaks Into Selfie at Commonwealth Games
- Understanding Aperture: Why Shooting Wide Open Isn't Always the Best Choice
- Eerie and Fascinating Photos of a Completely Empty New York City Taken in 1964
- Video: Blind Photographer Shows Us What it Really Means to 'See'
- Nikon's D810 Beats Out Its Predecessors to Become DxOMark's Top Sensor
- Student and Photo Enthusiast Takes His Own Grad Photo, Blows Away the Standard Grad Shot
- Use Your TV Remote to Control Your DSLR When Viewing Photos on the Big Screen
- Slow Motion Footage of 150 Mouse Traps Going Off in a Chain Reaction
- Leevia is a Petition Site that Understands and Leverages the Power of Photography
- Jessops to Close All Stores, Putting 1,370 People Out of a Job
- Curious Upside-Down Portraits Showing the Stress of Unemployment