The golden hour in photography is the first or last hour of sunlight in a day that photographers often aim to shoot in, since the sun’s position produces a soft and warm light with longer shadows. The Golden Hour Calculator is a useful website that can help you calculate the golden hour(s) for your location, telling you exactly when the sun rises and sets.
Calculate Your Local Golden Hour
- Published on March 9, 2010 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- This is What Happens When a Football Player Lands on a $10,499 Canon Lens
- Video: Football Player Falls On and Snaps Canon Telephoto Lens in Half on the Sideline
- Couple Imagines Everything that Could Go Wrong while Babysitting in Fun Photoshop Series
- Beauty Retouching from the Early 1900s: A Portrait of Actress Joan Crawford That's 'Photoshopped'
- This Free App Turns Your Android Phone into a Universal IR DSLR Remote
- How I Got The Shot: Blood Moon at Antelope Island
- Photographer Alex Teuscher's Moody Photos of New York City 'Above as Below'
- Canon Patents 10-22mm Lens with Liquid Lens Element Inside
- The 'Study of Pose': An Encyclopedia of 1,000 Different Poses by Supermodel Coco Rocha
- This Nighttime Shoot Involved 9,000 Pounds of Gear and Skiers Covered with 7,000 LEDs