As years go by, it’s easy to accrue an army of battery-powered devices that all require their own chargers, cables, and sockets to plug them into. The new Crank Juice Box is a versatile lightweight power bank that aims to provide power and cables for all of your devices… including your car.
There are plenty of external batteries on the market to keep your devices charged, but the majority of them offer only USB outputs and a single output voltage. The Crank Juice Box differs by outputting an array of different voltages (8.4V/2.1A; 12V/2A; 16V/3.5A; 19V/3.5A) depending on the requirements of your device.
It has the usual dual USB outputs as well as an output plug that can be used to charge Apple laptops, PCs, cameras, and various other devices using the included cables, most of which are pictured within the included Crank Case below.
The full list of items that come in the package are:
- Black or Orange Crank Juice Box
- Jumper Cables For Your Car
- USB Wall Charger
- USB Cigarette Lighter Charger
- 3 Generations Of Apple Chargers For Apple Laptops
- Charger Cable For The Crank
- 8 Adapters For Various PC and Electronic Inputs
- The 4 Cables Squid. Thunderbolt, Micro USB, Mini USB, & Apple iPhone & iPad 30 Pin Connector (Old School)
- Hard Travel Case For Crank & Accessories
- Crank Battery Size is 18000 mAh
- Flashlight Built Into Crank
The company has created this chart to illustrate how much extra usage time you can get from various devices:
In addition to the Crank Juice Box, a ‘Crank Cage’ is expected to be go into production early next year. The Crank Cage is a case for the Juice Box that includes a Swiss cheese plate bottom and a standard 1/4″-20 tripod mount.
The Crank Juice Box is currently on Kickstarter with a goal of $50,000, ending on September 3, 2017.
At the time of writing it has reached $21,000 in funding, so if you’re interested head over to the Kickstarter page and pledge at least $109 to help the crowd funding phase succeed.