After the new Macbook Pro was unveiled by Apple last month, many people were unhappy about Apple’s decision to remove the “cumbersome” SD card slot and only include USB-C ports. In response, to make buying the new laptops a little more palatable, Apple is slashing prices on its USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 dongles — temporarily.
Here are some of the products that are being discounted:
- USB-C to USB Adapter: From $19 to $9
- Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter: From $49 to $29
- USB-C to Lightning Cable (1m): From $25 to $19
- USB-C to Lightning Cable (2m): From $35 to $29
- USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter: From $69 to $49
- USB-C VGA Multiport Adapter: From $69 to $49
- SanDisk Extreme Pro SD UHS-II Card USB-C Reader: From $49 to $29
Other third party USB-C peripherals are also seeing price cuts of about 25%.
It seems that Apple also decided to discount its LG 4K and 5K displays as part of this temporary deal. Here’s the savings you can currently get:
- LG UltraFine 5K Display: From $1,300 to $974
- LG UltraFine 4K Display: From $700 to $524
As mentioned earlier, however, each of these discounts is temporary. The product pages contain an asterisk pointing to a footnote that reads: “Discount reflected in price. Subject to availability and quantity limits apply. Pricing effective October 27 – December 31, 2016.”
So if you’re planning to pick up a new Macbook Pro for your photography, you might want to stock up on some adapters to ensure that your existing gear connects nicely to your shiny new laptop.