Continuous lights aren’t used as often when shooting stills, but for those of you who enjoy using your SLR to shoot the occasional (or more than occasional) video, this cheap DIY ring light may be worth a shot. If you’re going to attempt it, know in advance that you’ll need to have a little bit of DIY savvy and a few tools handy (a soldering iron and a dremel tool), but as long as you’re not afraid to get your hands dirty and do some basic electrical work, the final product seems to work pretty well — and looks cool to boot.
DIY Continuous Ring Light for Under $20
- Published on May 13, 2012 by DL Cade
Hot Stories Top 100
- Instagram Censors Photo of Fully Clothed Woman on Period, Causes Uproar
- Pranksters Put Up Fake 'Shot on iPhone 6' Ads Next to Real Apple Billboards
- Photographers Shooting in West Virginia Reportedly Harassed and Detained by 'Mob'
- Just the Lenses: The Great 200mm Shootout
- Arkansas Passes Privacy Bill That Could Kill Street Photography
- How to Do Cinematic Color Grading on Your Photos with Photoshop
- Buying or Selling Used Gear on Craigslist? Arrange the Meetup at a Police Station
- Check Out the Nikon P900's Ridiculous 83x Zoom
- An Automated Slide Film Scanner Built with LEGOs
- Hike-Lapse: Man Walks the 2,600 Miles from Mexico to Canada and Snaps a Selfie Every Mile