Continuous lights aren’t used as often when shooting stills, but for those of you who enjoy using your SLR to shoot the occasional (or more than occasional) video, this cheap DIY ring light may be worth a shot. If you’re going to attempt it, know in advance that you’ll need to have a little bit of DIY savvy and a few tools handy (a soldering iron and a dremel tool), but as long as you’re not afraid to get your hands dirty and do some basic electrical work, the final product seems to work pretty well — and looks cool to boot.
DIY Continuous Ring Light for Under $20
- Published on May 13, 2012 by DL Cade
Hot Stories Top 100
- This Sports Photographer Missed an Incredible Catch and Got Fired... Except He Didn't... and He...
- Marked Up Photographs Show How Iconic Prints Were Edited in the Darkroom
- The Story Behind this Powerful Photo of a Black Boy Hugging a White Cop at a Ferguson Demonstration
- Young Self-Taught Photographer Captures Wanderers Against Magnificent Landscapes
- 96-Year-Old Photographer Writes a Wonderful Message to His Granddaughter and Gives Her His Gear
- Drone Footage of Chernobyl is Every Bit as Haunting as You Would Expect
- Craziest Black Friday Deal: Hasselblad Offering $2,300 off the Special Edition Stellar
- How to Capture a Beautiful Watch Product Shot Using Only an iPad for Lighting
- Old Photos Reveal Weird Thanksgiving Traditions from 100 Years Ago
- Portraits of Hipsters Sporting Beards Made of Fuzzy Animals
- Canon Develops One CMOS Sensor to Rule Them All
- Powerful Images of the 1960s by Benedict Fernandez Revealed in Bronx Exhibit
- Polish Photographer Shares Her Passion for Pooches with Extraordinary Puppy Portraiture
- Images of HTC’s Rumored Action Cam Leaked, Show Off Periscope-Like Design
- What if You Could Photoshop Real Life?