Continuous lights aren’t used as often when shooting stills, but for those of you who enjoy using your SLR to shoot the occasional (or more than occasional) video, this cheap DIY ring light may be worth a shot. If you’re going to attempt it, know in advance that you’ll need to have a little bit of DIY savvy and a few tools handy (a soldering iron and a dremel tool), but as long as you’re not afraid to get your hands dirty and do some basic electrical work, the final product seems to work pretty well — and looks cool to boot.
DIY Continuous Ring Light for Under $20
- Published on May 13, 2012 by DL Cade
Hot Stories Top 100
- Humor: Local Woman Prints iPhone Photos, Leaving Friends and Family Shocked
- 10 Things Non-Photo People Do That Annoy the Crap Out of Photo Enthusiasts
- Top 10 Rules of Travel Photography
- Eerie and Fascinating Photos of a Completely Empty New York City Taken in 1964
- Best Photobomb Ever? Queen Sneaks Into Selfie at Commonwealth Games
- Video: Blind Photographer Shows Us What it Really Means to 'See'
- Curious Coincidence: Photo Shows Same Time and Place as Frame from Hitchcock's 'Vertigo'
- Understanding Aperture: Why Shooting Wide Open Isn't Always the Best Choice
- Student and Photo Enthusiast Takes His Own Grad Photo, Blows Away the Standard Grad Shot
- Border Official Threatens Boy Scout with 10 Years in Prison and $10K Fine for Taking a Picture