Gav of The Slow Mo Guys made this interesting video comparing different high-speed camera frame rates. Using a Phantom HD camera, he films coffee mugs shattering on pavement at 500, 1000, 2500, 5000, and 10000 frames per second.
Slow Motion Comparison: 500, 1000, 2500, 5000 and 10000 FPS
- Published on December 20, 2011 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- Things I Learned After My Photo Hit #1 on Reddit, and Why I Probably Shouldn't Have Posted It
- 10 Things Non-Photo People Do That Annoy the Crap Out of Photo Enthusiasts
- Humor: Local Woman Prints iPhone Photos, Leaving Friends and Family Shocked
- Curious Coincidence: Photo Shows Same Time and Place as Frame from Hitchcock's 'Vertigo'
- Best Photobomb Ever? Queen Sneaks Into Selfie at Commonwealth Games
- Understanding Aperture: Why Shooting Wide Open Isn't Always the Best Choice
- Nikon's D810 Beats Out Its Predecessors to Become DxOMark's Top Sensor
- No Cameras Allowed: Is it Real or Fake?
- Photographer Turns Her Spam Emails into Imagined Portraits of the Imaginary Senders
- Top 10 Rules of Travel Photography
- Photo Story: Shutterfly’s Own Photo Book Maker App for iPad
- Unexpected Tornadoes Make for Some Unforgettable Wedding Photos
- Mysterious White Samsung Camera Appears Again in Quickly Removed Video
- Handmade Model of a NASA Hasselblad
- Lake Tahoe Fisherman Pulls In Long-Lost Camera, Finds 5 Years of Photos Still Intact