Want to learn the basics of studio lighting? Here’s a two-hour-long lecture with photographer Joey Quintero in which he gives an overview of the basic principles, techniques, and tools.
A Basic Introduction to Studio Lighting
- Published on November 19, 2011 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- This Sports Photographer Missed an Incredible Catch and Got Fired... Except He Didn't... and He...
- Marked Up Photographs Show How Iconic Prints Were Edited in the Darkroom
- Impressive Product Photograph Captured with a Smartphone, a Lamp, and a Few Flashlights
- CNN Cameraman Pits the iPhone 6 Against His Standard Issue Broadcast Camera
- Power Hungry: Poignant Photos Compare the Meals of the Rich and Poor Throughout History
- Flickr Taking Heat from CC Photographers for Selling Their Work as Wall Art Without Compensation
- Real World Video of the Sony a7II's 5-Axis Stabilization Shifting the Sensor
- Old Photos Reveal Weird Thanksgiving Traditions from 100 Years Ago
- Hasselblad Unveils the Stellar II: A Luxury Item 'Not Intended to Be Judged Against Other Cameras'
- Revisiting the Case of the Wedding Photographer Threatened with a $300,000 Lawsuit
- These Ceramic Cameras are Like Munnys for Photo Enthusiasts
- Pixlr is a Free and Powerful Browser-Based Photoshop Clone
- Using the Photoshop Clone Source Panel
- Embryo Time-Lapse Photography is Being Used as a Vital Tool for In Vitro Fertilization
- How to Build a DIY ‘Bullet Time’ Rig Using Only a Ceiling Fan and a GoPro