Here’s a test comparing the 1080p HD video recording capabilities of the iPhone 4S and the Canon 5D Mark II. Vimeo user Robino Films shot the same scenes at the same time with both cameras using a special rig, and then synched the footage together. They also tried to match the exposure, shutter speed, frame rate, and picture style as much as possible.
iPhone 4S vs Canon 5D Mark II: A Side-by-Side Comparison of 1080p HD Video
- Published on October 17, 2011 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- Filipino Domestic Worker Earns Prestigious Magnum Fellowship for Her Photography
- Sports Illustrated Lays Off All Remaining Staff Photographers
- Photographer Suing Nike for Ripping Off His Photo for Its Iconic Jordan 'Jumpman' Logo
- Call of Duty Ad Imagines the Crazy Man Behind the KillCam Camera
- Underwater Photographer Finds Himself Engulfed by a Sperm Whale 'Poopsplosion'
- Animated GIFs Reveal the Retouching That Went Into Composited Photos
- 31 Rolls of Undeveloped Film from a Soldier in WWII Discovered and Processed
- What Outdoor Photos Would Look Like with Other Stars and Planets as Our Sun and Moon
- JPEG Voodoo: Or, Does JPEG File Size Matter?
- Gear Avoidance Syndrome: It Might be Healthy for Your Photography
- Create a Film Noir Look Using This Homemade Telescopic Snoot
- Watch This Camera Drone’s ‘Return to Home’ Feature Slam it Right Into a Cliff
- Path Launches iPhone Photo Sharing for People You Actually Know
- Image of Earth Made Up of 1400 Photos of People Waving at the Cassini Spacecraft
- Young Greg Heisler on Photographing the American Ballet Theatre