Here’s a test comparing the 1080p HD video recording capabilities of the iPhone 4S and the Canon 5D Mark II. Vimeo user Robino Films shot the same scenes at the same time with both cameras using a special rig, and then synched the footage together. They also tried to match the exposure, shutter speed, frame rate, and picture style as much as possible.
iPhone 4S vs Canon 5D Mark II: A Side-by-Side Comparison of 1080p HD Video
- Published on October 17, 2011 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- Humor: Local Woman Prints iPhone Photos, Leaving Friends and Family Shocked
- 10 Things Non-Photo People Do That Annoy the Crap Out of Photo Enthusiasts
- Top 10 Rules of Travel Photography
- Eerie and Fascinating Photos of a Completely Empty New York City Taken in 1964
- Best Photobomb Ever? Queen Sneaks Into Selfie at Commonwealth Games
- Video: Blind Photographer Shows Us What it Really Means to 'See'
- Understanding Aperture: Why Shooting Wide Open Isn't Always the Best Choice
- Curious Coincidence: Photo Shows Same Time and Place as Frame from Hitchcock's 'Vertigo'
- Student and Photo Enthusiast Takes His Own Grad Photo, Blows Away the Standard Grad Shot
- Border Official Threatens Boy Scout with 10 Years in Prison and $10K Fine for Taking a Picture
- Time-Lapse Captures The Rise of the One World Trade Center Over the Past 9 Years
- Lomo-Copter: Analog Aerial Photos with a Diana F+ Mounted to a Tricopter
- The Hippocratic Oath of a Photographer: Photo Clichés of the 1930s
- Instagram Updates for iPhone 5, Reveals Impending Death of Live Filters
- Multiple Exposure Portraits Created In-Camera Using a DSLR