Warco — short for War Correspondent — is an upcoming video game in which the player takes on the role of a journalist named Jesse DeMarco. Despite being classified as a first person shooter, the objective is to shoot people with a camera rather than a gun. After venturing into dangerous conflicts and risking your life to snag some footage, you’re given the task of editing the video into a compelling news story. It almost seems like a Pokemon Snap game for adults. If they went a step further and made an online multiplayer mode, that’d certainly be… interesting.
Warco: An FPS in Which You’re Armed with a Camera Instead of a Gun
- Published on September 21, 2011 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- Artist Sparks Outrage After Using Instagram to Share Her Vandalism of at Least 10 National Parks
- Video: The Golden Ratio vs. The Rule of Thirds
- Camera+ For iPhone is Free Through November 16th; Here's How to Get It
- A Photograph of Your Face in a Jar Makes for a Creepy Halloween Prank
- Shot Face: Portraits of People Captured Immediately After Taking a Shot of Booze
- GoPro Vs. Golf Club: See if a Naked GoPro Can Survive a Swing from a 9 Iron
- This Photographer Has an Interesting Technique for Keeping His Subjects' Eyes Glued to Him
- Cheap Camera Challenge: A Hole for a Viewfinder, No LCD, and No Idea if You're Actually Taking...
- What Would You Do if the Prime Minister of India Stole Your Photo?
- Steampunk Friends for Life: A Little Story About the Power of Networking as a Photographer
- This 3D-Printed Telescope Takes a Lumia Smartphone for Astrophotography and Citizen Science
- NailSnaps Turns Your Smartphone Photos Into Nail Art
- The Story Behind an Iconic Photograph of Michael Jordan in Flight
- Cute: Photographer Gets Up Close and Personal with Baby Elephant Seals
- Startup Aims to Revolutionize the Quality of Cell Phone Photos