Warco — short for War Correspondent — is an upcoming video game in which the player takes on the role of a journalist named Jesse DeMarco. Despite being classified as a first person shooter, the objective is to shoot people with a camera rather than a gun. After venturing into dangerous conflicts and risking your life to snag some footage, you’re given the task of editing the video into a compelling news story. It almost seems like a Pokemon Snap game for adults. If they went a step further and made an online multiplayer mode, that’d certainly be… interesting.
Warco: An FPS in Which You’re Armed with a Camera Instead of a Gun
- Published on September 21, 2011 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- The Leatherman Tread Moves Your Multi-Tool Out of Your Camera Bag and Onto Your Wrist
- Photographer Shoots a Portrait of Every Book Reader Spotted on the Subway
- Macro Photos That Focus In on the Beautiful Details of Ordinary Things
- How I Built a Custom Desk and Wire-Free Workspace for My Photo Editing
- Why Wedding Photographers' Prices are “Wack”
- Words of Wisdom for Photographers by Renowned Photojournalist Steve McCurry
- Filipino Domestic Worker Earns Prestigious Magnum Fellowship for Her Photography
- Call of Duty Ad Imagines the Crazy Man Behind the KillCam Camera
- What If Clients Don’t Really Need 'Professional Photography'?
- Study Finds that Professionally Captured Photos Are More Memorable Than Amateur Ones