Photographers Tony and Chelsea Northrup made this 30-minute video in which they discuss and debunk 12 different photography myths that photographers widely believe.
Here are the 12 questions/topics discussed in the video:
- Should you fully discharge your battery to avoid a memory effect?
- Will deleting pictures in-camera corrupt your SD card?
- Do UV filters really improve image quality?
- Do higher megapixels really equal more noise?
- Do medium format cameras really have better “compression”?
- Is raw processing really better on your PC than in your camera?
- Can you edit JPGs?
- Do you really need to turn off image stabilization on a tripod?
- Are lenses really sharpest at the f/8 “sweet spot”?
- Is manual focus more accurate?
- Does Canon really have the best color science?
- Are memory card failures caused by bad brands or user error?