One of the things you’ve likely seen when looking at product or review pages for lenses is an MTF chart, used by manufacturers to give consumers an idea of how sharp a particular lens is. If you’ve never gotten around to learning how to interpret these charts, here’s a helpful 10-minute video tutorial on the subject. Luminous Landscape and Cambridge in Colour have great tutorials on this as well if you’re more comfortable with text-based tutorials.
Hot Stories Top 100
- Nikon WU-1a Turns Your Android Phone Into a Fancy DSLR Remote
- UK Newspaper Chain Follows in Sun Times Footsteps, Shutters All Photographer Jobs
- Photos of Dogs Staring Out Car Windows
- Remarkable 4-Year Hubble Time-Lapse of a Star’s ‘Light Echo’ Rippling Out in Space
- Church Security Camera Captures What It’s Like to Be Inside a Tornado