If you’ve ever wondered when, or how, or why you might use a ring light or ring flash, this short lighting tutorial from The Slanted Lens should help you answer all of those questions. In this case, Jay P. Morgan was shooting for Zombie Juice soda and he took the opportunity to explain why he chose to use a ring flash, some of the disadvantages of ring flashes, and how he supplemented it to get the perfect shot.
A Ring Flash Lighting Tutorial Complete With Zombies and Soda
- Published on June 30, 2012 by DL Cade
Hot Stories Top 100
- Braces Time-Lapse: Watch 18 Months of Teeth Straightening in 30 Seconds
- Why Your Wedding Photographer Won't Give You a Disk of Unedited RAW Files
- Extreme Weight Loss, Photoshop Edition
- Adobe Releases a Murder Mystery PSD for Halloween to Test Your Photoshop Skills
- 7 Things Photographers Wish They Had Learned in Photography School
- Google Ordered to Pay Woman After Capturing Her Cleavage with Street View Cameras
- Famous Album Cover Photos Uncropped to Reveal 'The Bigger Picture'
- 10 Reasons Why a Professional Photographer Left Nikon for Sony Mirrorless
- Psyphotology: A Look at Why People Are Afraid to Be In Front of a Camera, and How to Fix That
- 99 Cent: A Look at the Widespread Confusion Over a Photo Gursky DIDN'T Shoot
- How Much Does Sun-Times Media Pay Its Freelance Photographers?
- Mugtug Darkroom is a Browser-Based Photo Editor Powered Entirely by HTML5
- Scott Kelby Launches an iPad Magazine Dedicated to the Topic of Lighting
- Trade-In Your Used Cameras at Amazon for Gift Cards
- Did You Know: Nikon Shooters Can Buy “White” Lenses Too!