If you’ve ever wondered when, or how, or why you might use a ring light or ring flash, this short lighting tutorial from The Slanted Lens should help you answer all of those questions. In this case, Jay P. Morgan was shooting for Zombie Juice soda and he took the opportunity to explain why he chose to use a ring flash, some of the disadvantages of ring flashes, and how he supplemented it to get the perfect shot.
A Ring Flash Lighting Tutorial Complete With Zombies and Soda
- Published on June 30, 2012 by DL Cade
Hot Stories Top 100
- How I Built a Custom Desk and Wire-Free Workspace for My Photo Editing
- Photographer Shoots a Portrait of Every Book Reader Spotted on the Subway
- The Leatherman Tread Moves Your Multi-Tool Out of Your Camera Bag and Onto Your Wrist
- Macro Photos That Focus In on the Beautiful Details of Ordinary Things
- What If Clients Don’t Really Need 'Professional Photography'?
- Why Wedding Photographers' Prices are “Wack”
- Study Finds that Professionally Captured Photos Are More Memorable Than Amateur Ones
- Single Edition Leica 600mm f/5 Prototype Lens Shows Up on eBay for $230,000
- Muslim Cleric Warns Against Selfies, Saying They Lead to Different Sins
- The Moment Case Equips Your iPhone with a Shutter Button, Lens, and Camera Strap