We covered the WVIL (wireless viewfinder interchangeable lens) concept camera at the beginning of the year when the design team behind it released a fake video of it being showed off at CES 2011. The above video is another neat glimpse at the supposedly patent-pending design, which puts all the camera functions in the lens itself, leaving the camera body to function as a wireless display and control panel. What do you think of the idea?
Neat Look at the WVIL Concept Camera
- Published on April 13, 2011 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- Instagram Censors Photo of Fully Clothed Woman on Period, Causes Uproar
- Pranksters Put Up Fake 'Shot on iPhone 6' Ads Next to Real Apple Billboards
- Photographers Shooting in West Virginia Reportedly Harassed and Detained by 'Mob'
- Just the Lenses: The Great 200mm Shootout
- Arkansas Passes Privacy Bill That Could Kill Street Photography
- Buying or Selling Used Gear on Craigslist? Arrange the Meetup at a Police Station
- How to Do Cinematic Color Grading on Your Photos with Photoshop
- Check Out the Nikon P900's Ridiculous 83x Zoom
- An Automated Slide Film Scanner Built with LEGOs
- Hike-Lapse: Man Walks the 2,600 Miles from Mexico to Canada and Snaps a Selfie Every Mile
- What If Clients Don’t Really Need ‘Professional Photography’?
- Photographer Captures Meteor Streaking Through the Aurora Borealis
- Retro f/stop Lens Bracelets Based on Old Nikon Lenses
- Humor: Comedians Key and Peele Show You How to Take the Perfect Duo Photo
- Brolly Umbrella Has Finger Hole Grip Lets You Shoot in the Rain