Make just published this short but informative tutorial on how to turn your DSLR into a pinhole camera by punching a hole in a body cap. If you have a spare body cap lying around (how often do you use those things anyway?) this can be a fun way to experiment with your camera.
How to Turn Your DSLR into a Simple Pinhole Camera
- Published on March 18, 2011 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- Filipino Domestic Worker Earns Prestigious Magnum Fellowship for Her Photography
- Call of Duty Ad Imagines the Crazy Man Behind the KillCam Camera
- Photographer Shoots a Portrait of Every Book Reader Spotted on the Subway
- JPEG Voodoo: Or, Does JPEG File Size Matter?
- Underwater Photographer Finds Himself Engulfed by a Sperm Whale 'Poopsplosion'
- 31 Rolls of Undeveloped Film from a Soldier in WWII Discovered and Processed
- Photographer Suing Nike for Ripping Off His Photo for Its Iconic Jordan 'Jumpman' Logo
- Animated GIFs Reveal the Retouching That Went Into Composited Photos
- Photographer Makes Fruits and Vegetables Glow by Sticking Lights Inside
- Sports Illustrated Lays Off All Remaining Staff Photographers
- Breathtaking Photos of the Tower of London Adorned with 888,246 Ceramic Poppies to Commemorate WWI
- Homemade Medium Format Camera with 360 Degree Lens
- Lost Memories: A Sci-Fi Short Film That Weighs in On Film Versus Digital
- Nat Geo’s Amy Toensing On Vulnerability & Getting Out of Your Comfort Zone
- Water: Amazing Aquatic Landscapes Shot from the Air by Edward Burtynsky