This is one of the most intense do-it-yourself videos I’ve seen, showing how to hack a Canon 18-55mm kit lens into a super macro lens for extreme closeup shots. It involves sawing, disassembling the lens, using wires from a floppy drive cable, and all sorts of advanced awesomeness. Unless you’re extremely good with your hands, you probably won’t be trying this, but it’s very interesting to watch nonetheless.
Transforming a Canon 18-55mm into a Super Macro Lens
- Published on June 21, 2010 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- Ghostly Images of WiFi Signals Captured Using Long Exposure Photography and an Android App
- Things I Learned After My Photo Hit #1 on Reddit, and Why I Probably Shouldn't Have Posted It
- Kayakers Raised Out of the Water by Playful Whale, Capture the Incredible Encounter on Camera
- New Zealand Newspaper Makes 'Appalling' Front Page Photo Mistake by Using Facebook
- No Bokeh? No Problem! These Out of Focus Backgrounds Hold You Over Until You Get that Fast Lens
- 6 Flash Alternatives Beginners Should Always Keep in Mind
- This is the Hypnotic Result of Duct Taping a GoPro to a Car Tire
- DJI DropSafe Automatic Parachute Will Try to Save Your Camera if Your Drone Falls Out of the Sky
- iOS App Solves the Problem of 'Overswiping' When You Hand a Friend your Phone to Look at Photos
- No Cameras Allowed: Is it Real or Fake?