This is one of the most intense do-it-yourself videos I’ve seen, showing how to hack a Canon 18-55mm kit lens into a super macro lens for extreme closeup shots. It involves sawing, disassembling the lens, using wires from a floppy drive cable, and all sorts of advanced awesomeness. Unless you’re extremely good with your hands, you probably won’t be trying this, but it’s very interesting to watch nonetheless.
Transforming a Canon 18-55mm into a Super Macro Lens
- Published on June 21, 2010 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- Artist Sparks Outrage After Using Instagram to Share Her Vandalism of at Least 10 National Parks
- Camera+ For iPhone is Free Through November 16th; Here's How to Get It
- Video: The Golden Ratio vs. The Rule of Thirds
- A Photograph of Your Face in a Jar Makes for a Creepy Halloween Prank
- Shot Face: Portraits of People Captured Immediately After Taking a Shot of Booze
- This Photographer Has an Interesting Technique for Keeping His Subjects' Eyes Glued to Him
- GoPro Vs. Golf Club: See if a Naked GoPro Can Survive a Swing from a 9 Iron
- Cheap Camera Challenge: A Hole for a Viewfinder, No LCD, and No Idea if You're Actually Taking...
- What Would You Do if the Prime Minister of India Stole Your Photo?
- Steampunk Friends for Life: A Little Story About the Power of Networking as a Photographer
- Famous Photographers Holding Their Iconic Photographs
- Bride Drowns in Shallow Water During Last Photo Shoot in Dress
- Gone in 30 Seconds: Photog Holds Show and Invites Strangers to Steal His Photos
- Olympus Slated to Supply Sony With Lenses in Two-Way Alliance
- Humor: Replacing the Cigarettes in Mad Men with Party Horns