While developing its Luminar Flex AI-based Photoshop plugin earlier this month, Skylum did research on what plugins are currently available. The software company has now compiled a huge list of 55 Photoshop plugins that photographers may find useful.
- Luminar Flex: This plugin offers unique and powerful editing features to help photographers elevate the creativity of their images. Luminar Flex features AI-powered technologies, incredible adjustments, and effects that can’t be found anywhere else.
- Topaz Adjust: Adds a dash of magic to your photography. Apply anything from simple photo enhancements to complete stylistic makeovers.
- Realgrain: Inimitable toning, film, and grain effects plug-in.
- Nik collection: Is a series of 7 plugins, providing filters, rendering and photo retouching tools. The plugins include:
- Color Efex Pro: Offers a range of 55 filters for color correction, retouching, and creative photo effects.
- Silver Efex Pro: Is a plugin that converts color photos to black and white.
- Viveza : It lets you easily adjust the color and tonality of your images.
- Analog Efex Pro: Applies classic cameras, films, and lenses effects to your photos.
- HDR Efex Pro: An HDR imaging tool to create from natural to artistic image looks.
- Sharpener Pro: Enhances subtle details and textures to create images in a distinctive style.
- DFine: It improves your images with noise reduction tailored to your camera.
Price for a pack: $69
- Exposure X4: A non-destructive RAW photo editor and organizer that enables you to create beautiful images and master your workflow. It also works as a plug-in for Lightroom and Photoshop.
- Topaz B&W effects: A software plug-ins that helps you convert color photos into beautiful monochrome images. It uses a unique B&W conversion engine that emphasizes tone and texture in order to help you get B&W images that pop.
- Topaz Clean: Helps you make surfaces look great, while still preserving original texture and detail.
- On1 Effects: By using this plugin you gain access to hundreds of stackable filters, presets, borders, and textures to help create your style. Whether you’re looking to add an HDR look, convert to B&W, bring out more detail, reduce noise, or enhance a portrait.
- Topaz InFocus: The Topaz InFocus plug-in pairs the latest advancements in image deconvolution technology with superior sharpening capabilities to improve overall image quality by reversing blur while restoring, refining and sharpening image detail.
- Detail in Studio: Sharpens and brings out details of photos.
- Texture Effects in Studio: Texture Effects streamlines the workflow for creating layered texture images. You can quickly achieve a variety of textured, toned, and lighting effects.
- GRFX Studio Pro: It’s aimed to cut down photo-editing times with a suite of tools and presets to quickly apply to photos. It contains 792 digital image effects in one product suite. It works both as a stand-alone app as well as a plugin.
- ON1 Photo RAW: This software combines the abilities of both raw development and photo editing software. You can quickly browse, organize, manage your photos as well as edit and add photo effects.
- Fixel Contrastica 2: Fixel Contrastica is a plugin for Photoshop for photographers who want to add the necessary contrast to their artworks.
- Photolemur 3.0: Powered by Artificial Intelligence, Photolemur analyzes and improves all your shots. When you don’t want to spend time on editing, simply drag & drop your pictures to the app, and let technology do the work.
- Perfectly Clear Complete: Photo editor with a set of automatic correction presets for Windows&Mac.
- AirMagic: The world’s first fully automated AI-powered enhancer for Mac & PC, created for drone and aerial photography. It resolves all issues inherent to aerial photography in one move. No more tiring photo editing that requires time, special knowledge and expensive software.
- Portraiture: Portraiture focuses on getting perfect skin texture without losing any detail. No need for complex masking or even the healing brush.
- PortraitPro: PortraitPro does everything you can imagine, from applying realistic digital makeup to face-sculpting. Using Artificial Intelligence, PortraitPro enhances every aspect of a portrait for beautiful results.
- Beauty Box Photo: It allows you to quickly and easily erase skin blemishes and wrinkles, even out skin tones, and reduce shine – achieving a consistently professional result.
- Aurora HDR’19: Aurora HDR is the world’s most advanced HDR photo editor, enjoyed by millions of photographers. The revolutionary Quantum HDR Engine™ delivers rich and realistic color processing. Enjoy an unparalleled user experience that’s powered by award-winning editing tools; plus it’s the only HDR photo software, named “Best App of the Year” by Apple.
- Photomatix Pro: Photomatix is software for HDR photography. It offers more options and includes advanced features such as batch processing and selective deghosting.
- HDR Darkroom 3: HDR Darkroom is designed to minimise the work in producing sophisticated looking HDR images. It makes the HDR imaging workflow easy.
- Hydra: Hydra lets you easily create beautiful high-dynamic-range (HDR) images from a set of exposures, effectively capturing both dark and bright subjects to make it more natural or to enhance scene drama.
- EasyHDR: EasyHDR is High Dynamic Range image generation and tone mapping software. It has all the features needed in HDR image processing, including input photo-alignment, lens correction, ghost removal, and noise filtering.
- Blow Up 3: Blow Up keeps photos crystal clear during enlargement. It is amazingly sharp.
- ON1 Resize 2018: The ultimate image resizer for when you need the highest quality enlargements — with Genuine Fractals® technology — to resize your photos for print. You can quickly resize photos without loss of sharpness or detail.
- BenVista Photozoom Pro – It’s asoftware solution for enlarging and downsizing digital photos and graphics. Even noisy, compressed originals can be enlarged successfully.
- Noiseware: Award-winning noise suppression software tool designed to decrease or eliminate noise from digital photo or scanned images.
- Ximagic Denoiser: A Photoshop plugin for image noise reduction. It provides seven different methods for noise reduction
- Neat Image Pro: Engineered to reduce the noise in your digital images. It can also minimize film grain, JPEG compression artifacts, and other imperfections.
- Topaz DeNoise™: Removes distracting image noise while preserving image detail so you can shoot in any destination.
- Glow in Studio: A unique photography plugin that will push the limits of your creativity with unique lighting effects. It offers everything from eye-popping brilliance to subtle, ethereal light.
- Impression in Studio: Impression helps make your photos more expressive by authentically turning them into art, the way a real painter would.
- Simplify in Studio: The simplify pack consists of the Abstraction, Edges, and Quad Tone pro adjustments. It helps to turn your photos into works of art.
- Snap Art: Helps you to transform your photographs into beautiful works of art that look they were made by a human, not a computer.
- Mehdi Plugins: A set of Photoshop plugins for photographers. For instance, Sorting Tiles plugin imitates vaguely painting.
The following are some of the other plugins available within this package: Absolute Color, Curves 3, Edges Fix, Grain Natural 2, Posterizer, and Eraser Classic.
- Flexify 2: It’s a plug-in for panoramas, polyhedra, and maps. It bends spherical panoramas into dizzying new shapes. With HDR support, stereographic little planets, cube maps, cartography, polyhedra, and zenith/nadir retouching formats.
- Fractal Flames: Fractal Flames is a plugin based on fractal work created by Scott Draves in 1992. It helps you to create stunning fractal images in different colors.
- Halftone Creator: It allow you to create a halftone effect using any image. This halftone pattern generator applies a halftone pattern to anything you’re working on.
- JPEGmini Pro: Is a photo compression application designed to reduce overall file sizes without sacrificing image quality, resolution, or format. Capable of reducing your JPEG file sizes by up to 5x, this tool provides an efficient solution for freeing up hard drive space and shortening upload times.
- Super PNG: SuperPNG is a free, open-source Adobe Photoshop plug-in for using PNG files. It has more comprehensive support for the format than Photoshop’s included plug-in and provides control over alpha channel handling.
- Avenza Geographic Imager: Geographic Imager makes it easier to work with geospatial images in Photoshop. It supports a variety of spatial image file formats and lets you use Photoshop’s suite of editing tools on them while constantly and automatically updating the spatial properties of the image.
- TinyPNG: This plugin lets you save your compressed JPEG and PNG images directly from Photoshop.
- Topaz ReMask: Makes the use of masks more intuitive for users. ReMask doesn’t need tedious brush work to get a high-quality mask. You only need to roughly outline your subject and press ‘Compute’.
- Fluid Mask 3: This tool is simply fantastic and provides an unparalleled level of control and accuracy over masks. Using the tool you can easily cut out an object such as people – it even works well with tricky details such as hair and fabrics.
- Infinite Color Panel: It was created to make color grading fun, easy, but most importantly, produce intricately beautiful results. This tool will help guide you in seeing the color possibilities your image has, so it can guide you into deciding on what you really like in the fastest possible time.
- Griddify: Guides can help with image element alignment. Moreover, this plugin can’t help with image balance and ensuring that vertical and horizontal lines are straight.
- Ximagic Quantizer: A Photoshop plugin for image color quantization (color reduction) & dithering. It reduces the number of colors in a image, but doesn’t change a RGB image to indexed color.
- Ximagic GrayDither: A Photoshop plugin to reduce color/grayscale images to n-level gray using dithering.
- Light: Light allows you to add shadow patterns into any image using the gobos of Gamproducts and Rosco. Light can be added to a scene where none existed before just as if you were adding light at the time of shooting.
- Digimarc: This plugin is intended exclusively for photographers to protect ownership of images. It embeds an imperceptible Digimarc Barcode that persists through file copying, format changes, encryption, and decryption, as well as image manipulations
- Tych Panel: Tych Panel is an extension for Adobe Photoshop that automates diptychs and triptychs creation. It supports an arbitrary number of layouts using a row/column compositing paradigm.
- Filter Forge: A standalone program and a plugin for Adobe Photoshop that allows you to build your own filters. It gives you access to a huge online repository of user-submitted content.
- PSD Recover: This plugin lets you grab image layers from any PSD/PSB file. Also, it lets you open PSD created by the newest versions of Photoshop, in older Photoshop versions that cannot read them directly. Most importantly, it can usually recover image layers from corrupted PSD files that Photoshop won’t open.