We’ve all heard or read those tips for getting the most out of your smartphone’s limited battery life, but what about us photographers? How do you make sure you’re squeezing every last shot out of your DSLR or mirrorless camera? This video will tell you.
These 7 tips were put together by the folks over at SLR Lounge, and they might sound familiar. That’s because some of them are very similar to what you might do on your smartphone. Whether it’s turning off wireless connection settings, or turning down your LCD’s brightness, chances are good you’ve done at least a few of these with your phone.
That’s not to say that all 7 cross over. So check out the video up top and jot down the short list below for the next time you find yourself down to the last few photos on a busy shooting day:
- Turn off all of your camera’s wireless connections
- Turn off stabilization
- Turn off automatic sensor cleaning
- Turn off image review (and stop chimping)
- Turn down your LCD screen’s brightness
- Turn off your camera between shots
- Replace batteries that are dying faster than they should be
That’s it! Check out the video up top or head over to SLR Lounge to see the tips in action and find out how to modify some of these settings on your camera brand.