Photographer Lori Nix spends weeks and months creating extremely detailed miniature scenes — called dioramas — and then photographs them using an old fashioned 8×10 large format camera. This video offers a look at what goes on behind-the-scenes at Nix’s Brooklyn studio, and how she goes about creating her unique images. You see some of her photos in this post we published a year ago featuring her photography.
Hot Stories Top 100
- This is What Happens When a Football Player Lands on a $10,499 Canon Lens
- Old Faithful: Studio Portraits of Really Old Dogs
- What Would You Do if the Prime Minister of India Stole Your Photo?
- This Free App Uses Your Smartphone's Camera to Do Your Math Homework for You
- Video of the Aurora Borealis in Real Time Shot on the Sony A7s at ISO 25600 with No Noise Reduction
- Florida Man Shoots Selfie with Phone After Ex-Lover Shoots Him with Gun
- This Photo of China's President in the Rain Just Won the Country's Equivalent of the Pulitzer Prize
- Photographer's 100-Year-Old Notebook Discovered in Antarctica After Snow Melts
- Monopods No Longer Allowed at OU Football Games Because of Lens Crushing Incident
- How to Capture a Complex 5-Light Beer Bottle Product Shot from Start to Finish