Here’s a promotional/educational video by Canon that explains both how digital cameras work and how it manufactures them. Interesting fact: lenses are so precise that if they were to be enlarged to the size of a sports stadium, the margin of error would be less than the thickness of a business card.
How Canon Camera Gear is Made
- Published on July 9, 2012 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- Filipino Domestic Worker Earns Prestigious Magnum Fellowship for Her Photography
- Call of Duty Ad Imagines the Crazy Man Behind the KillCam Camera
- JPEG Voodoo: Or, Does JPEG File Size Matter?
- Underwater Photographer Finds Himself Engulfed by a Sperm Whale 'Poopsplosion'
- Photographer Suing Nike for Ripping Off His Photo for Its Iconic Jordan 'Jumpman' Logo
- Photographer Shoots a Portrait of Every Book Reader Spotted on the Subway
- 31 Rolls of Undeveloped Film from a Soldier in WWII Discovered and Processed
- Animated GIFs Reveal the Retouching That Went Into Composited Photos
- Sports Illustrated Lays Off All Remaining Staff Photographers
- Deal Alert: Amazon Prime on Sale for $77, Today Only
- Olympus Patent Shows a Lensbaby-style Selective-Focus Lens
- A Look at How Eric Paré Creates His 360º Bullet Time Stop Motion Light Paintings
- Photos of Photos Being Taken: A Fascinating Meta Look at the Photographic Process
- Minecraft Founder ‘Notch’ is Likely the New Owner of That $1 Million Giant Leica Sculpture
- The Invention of the Pigeon Camera for Aerial Photography