Nikon is now including the D700 in the discontinued products section of its Japanese website. The camera will be replaced with the 36MP D800, which will be unveiled on February 7th. What’s slightly surprising is the fact that the D300S has also been “discontinued”, even though we haven’t heard much so far about its successor.
Nikon D700 Now Officially Outdated, D800 Primed for Launch on Feb 7th
- Published on January 27, 2012 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- Filipino Domestic Worker Earns Prestigious Magnum Fellowship for Her Photography
- Sports Illustrated Lays Off All Remaining Staff Photographers
- Photographer Suing Nike for Ripping Off His Photo for Its Iconic Jordan 'Jumpman' Logo
- Underwater Photographer Finds Himself Engulfed by a Sperm Whale 'Poopsplosion'
- Call of Duty Ad Imagines the Crazy Man Behind the KillCam Camera
- Animated GIFs Reveal the Retouching That Went Into Composited Photos
- What Outdoor Photos Would Look Like with Other Stars and Planets as Our Sun and Moon
- 31 Rolls of Undeveloped Film from a Soldier in WWII Discovered and Processed
- JPEG Voodoo: Or, Does JPEG File Size Matter?
- Gear Avoidance Syndrome: It Might be Healthy for Your Photography