Photographers do a lot to get the perfect shot, and sometimes even put gear safety above personal well-being in dangerous situations. Here’s a fun video photographer Joe McNally posted showing him getting knocked over by a longboarder while trying to capture a shot. Notice how he holds his position long enough to snap the pic, deftly moves his camera to his other hand when falling over, and immediately checks the photo when he gets back up. True pro.
The Gear-Saving Reflexes of a Pro Photographer
- Published on November 24, 2010 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- Embarrassed to Photograph Ferguson
- If You Try to Publish a Picture of this Statue in Denmark, You'd Better be Ready to Pay Up
- American Photojournalist James Foley Allegedly Executed in Video Released by ISIS
- Hasselblad's New H5D-200c Multi-Shot Spits Out Massive 200-Megapixel Files
- What Photographers are NOT Considering When Using High ISO
- Photographer Shares The Heartbreaking Realities of Living With ALS and Takes the...
- Scary/Amazing Cockpit Photograph Shows You What It's Like to Fly with the Blue Angels
- NatGeo Photographers List the Strange and Horrifying Things that Have Happened to Them On Assignment
- Photographer Photographs Two Mimes in 1974, Only Realizes 35 Years Later that One Was Robin Williams
- Man Arrested and Strip Searched After Taking Pictures of NYPD Stop and Frisk Wins $125K in Court