Google Street View now covers all seven continents. Brian McClendon, a VP of Engineering at Google, travelled on an expedition to Antarctica with his wife earlier this year, and captured photographs for the Street View of a place called Half Moon Island. Thanks to his efforts, we can now walk around virtually in Google Street maps and pay a visit to the penguins of Antarctica!
Google Street View Imagery Now Available for Antarctica
- Published on October 1, 2010 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- What Would You Do if the Prime Minister of India Stole Your Photo?
- Old Faithful: Studio Portraits of Really Old Dogs
- Florida Man Shoots Selfie with Phone After Ex-Lover Shoots Him with Gun
- Monopods No Longer Allowed at OU Football Games Because of Lens Crushing Incident
- This Photo of China's President in the Rain Just Won the Country's Equivalent of the Pulitzer Prize
- This Free App Uses Your Smartphone's Camera to Do Your Math Homework for You
- How to Capture a Complex 5-Light Beer Bottle Product Shot from Start to Finish
- This is What Happens When a Football Player Lands on a $10,499 Canon Lens
- Nikon Scores Another DxOMark Hit with the D750, Its 6th Camera to Make the Top 10
- Advice for Aspiring Full-Time Photographers