Google Street View now covers all seven continents. Brian McClendon, a VP of Engineering at Google, travelled on an expedition to Antarctica with his wife earlier this year, and captured photographs for the Street View of a place called Half Moon Island. Thanks to his efforts, we can now walk around virtually in Google Street maps and pay a visit to the penguins of Antarctica!
Google Street View Imagery Now Available for Antarctica
- Published on October 1, 2010 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- Policeman Returns Woman's Smartphone by Posting Photos to Her Facebook Page
- How I Make Money as a Travel Photographer in 2015
- A Wedding Photographer Story
- Man Claims the Sony RX100 III Has Dangerous Levels of Radiation, Is Quickly Shot Down
- A Look at the Upcoming LG G4 Phone's 'Pro' Camera, f/1.8 Lens, and Manual Controls
- Ted Forbes Answers the Question 'Should I Work for Free?'
- How I Built My First Photo Studio Over the Course of Three Months
- These Animated GIFs Show the Evolution of Cameras Through History
- Man Who Shot South Carolina Police Shooting Wants $10,000 Per Use
- Mitakon Speedmaster 85mm f/1.2: A 'Dream' Portrait Lens from China