Google Street View now covers all seven continents. Brian McClendon, a VP of Engineering at Google, travelled on an expedition to Antarctica with his wife earlier this year, and captured photographs for the Street View of a place called Half Moon Island. Thanks to his efforts, we can now walk around virtually in Google Street maps and pay a visit to the penguins of Antarctica!
Google Street View Imagery Now Available for Antarctica
- Published on October 1, 2010 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- GoPro Survives 17 Months Bouncing Around a Riverbed After Filming Its Final Moments
- Taylor Swift Crashes Young Fan's Photo Shoot While Out Jogging in Nashville
- A Mother's Darkly Humorous Portraits of 'Domestic Bliss'
- Sony Announces the a7II: The World's First Full-Frame Camera with 5-Axis Image Stabilization
- Musician Ryan Adams Stops Show to Yell at Fan Whose Flash Triggers His Ménière’s Disease
- Aerial Photographs Capture the Aftermath of This Week's Brutal Snow Storm in Buffalo, NY
- Lammily Doll With Realistic Measurements Gets a Photoshop Makeover in Powerful Video
- Rumor: Sony a9 Pro Full Frame E-Mount Will Be the First of a New, Higher-End Line
- Dramatic Black-and-White Studio Portraits of Goats and Sheep... Seriously
- This Small, Portable Flash Cube Can Pump Out 1,500 Lumens of Light for Your GoPro or Smartphone