Google Street View now covers all seven continents. Brian McClendon, a VP of Engineering at Google, travelled on an expedition to Antarctica with his wife earlier this year, and captured photographs for the Street View of a place called Half Moon Island. Thanks to his efforts, we can now walk around virtually in Google Street maps and pay a visit to the penguins of Antarctica!
Google Street View Imagery Now Available for Antarctica
- Published on October 1, 2010 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- How I Drastically Improved My Photography with Just Two Little Decisions
- What Color is This Dress? Is it Under or Over Exposed?
- Portraits of Men with Their Beloved Cat Companions
- Watch Flashback Anti-Paparazzi Clothing Ruin Flash Photographs
- Town Accuses Photographer of Staging His Shots That Won World Press Photo
- 12,225 Mile Road Trip Around America in a 5-Minute Time-Lapse
- Leonard Nimoy's Passion for Photography
- A First Look at the HDR Merge Feature Coming Soon in Lightroom 6
- The 25 Most Popular Smartphone Photos on Flickr in 2014
- These Are the Darkroom Techniques Photoshop's Tools Are Based On