Do you feel like the quality of your photography falls short of where you want it to be? Don’t worry: every creative goes through a period in their growth in which there’s a disappointing gap between their “taste” and their work. Here’s an inspiring video in which Ira Glass encourages people going through this to push through and to not give up.
Every Photographer Goes Through a Phase of Disappointment
- Published on February 20, 2012 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- The Story Behind this Powerful Photo of a Black Boy Hugging a White Cop at a Ferguson Demonstration
- This Sports Photographer Missed an Incredible Catch and Got Fired... Except He Didn't... and He...
- Marked Up Photographs Show How Iconic Prints Were Edited in the Darkroom
- Young Self-Taught Photographer Captures Wanderers Against Magnificent Landscapes
- Drone Footage of Chernobyl is Every Bit as Haunting as You Would Expect
- 96-Year-Old Photographer Writes a Wonderful Message to His Granddaughter and Gives Her His Gear
- Craziest Black Friday Deal: Hasselblad Offering $2,300 off the Special Edition Stellar
- How to Capture a Beautiful Watch Product Shot Using Only an iPad for Lighting
- Old Photos Reveal Weird Thanksgiving Traditions from 100 Years Ago
- Portraits of Hipsters Sporting Beards Made of Fuzzy Animals