Vimeo has partnered up with Nikon for a new educational video series titled Do More With Your DSLR. The first video is about “working with available light”, and is geared towards beginners who are just starting to figure out how to use their DSLR camera. You can find a more in-depth discussion of the concepts in the video (e.g. exposure, white balance, ISO) in this article.
Photography 101: Using Available Light
- Published on March 30, 2012 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- Humor: Local Woman Prints iPhone Photos, Leaving Friends and Family Shocked
- 10 Things Non-Photo People Do That Annoy the Crap Out of Photo Enthusiasts
- Top 10 Rules of Travel Photography
- Curious Coincidence: Photo Shows Same Time and Place as Frame from Hitchcock's 'Vertigo'
- Best Photobomb Ever? Queen Sneaks Into Selfie at Commonwealth Games
- Eerie and Fascinating Photos of a Completely Empty New York City Taken in 1964
- Understanding Aperture: Why Shooting Wide Open Isn't Always the Best Choice
- Video: Blind Photographer Shows Us What it Really Means to 'See'
- Student and Photo Enthusiast Takes His Own Grad Photo, Blows Away the Standard Grad Shot
- Border Official Threatens Boy Scout with 10 Years in Prison and $10K Fine for Taking a Picture
- Composite Image of Titanic on the Ocean Floor Created From 100,000 Photos
- Understanding the Appeal of the Leica M9
- Polar Bear at a German Zoo Gets Its Paws on a Canon 70-200mm Lens
- Matterport Captures Amazing 3D Interiors Using Special Camera
- Google+ Unveils Improved RAW-to-JPEG Conversion, Supports Over 70 Cameras