Vimeo has partnered up with Nikon for a new educational video series titled Do More With Your DSLR. The first video is about “working with available light”, and is geared towards beginners who are just starting to figure out how to use their DSLR camera. You can find a more in-depth discussion of the concepts in the video (e.g. exposure, white balance, ISO) in this article.
Photography 101: Using Available Light
- Published on March 30, 2012 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- Things I Learned After My Photo Hit #1 on Reddit, and Why I Probably Shouldn't Have Posted It
- Ghostly Images of WiFi Signals Captured Using Long Exposure Photography and an Android App
- Kayakers Raised Out of the Water by Playful Whale, Capture the Incredible Encounter on Camera
- iOS App Solves the Problem of 'Overswiping' When You Hand a Friend your Phone to Look at Photos
- New Zealand Newspaper Makes 'Appalling' Front Page Photo Mistake by Using Facebook
- Stop Hiding: Show YOU and You Won't be 'Just Another Photographer with Pretty Images'
- No Cameras Allowed: Is it Real or Fake?
- 6 Flash Alternatives Beginners Should Always Keep in Mind
- No Bokeh? No Problem! These Out of Focus Backgrounds Hold You Over Until You Get that Fast Lens
- This is the Hypnotic Result of Duct Taping a GoPro to a Car Tire