In addition to slowly replacing the need for compact cameras, the cameras found on mobile phones will also have a huge impact on how we live our lives in the area of augmented reality. Word Lens is a crazy new free app for the iPhone that translates between Spanish and English in real-time in the video feed, allowing you to read the world in your language through your cell phone. As this technology becomes available for more and more languages, it will change the way people survive in foreign countries.
Hot Stories Top 100
- Braces Time-Lapse: Watch 18 Months of Teeth Straightening in 30 Seconds
- Why Your Wedding Photographer Won't Give You a Disk of Unedited RAW Files
- Extreme Weight Loss, Photoshop Edition
- Adobe Releases a Murder Mystery PSD for Halloween to Test Your Photoshop Skills
- 7 Things Photographers Wish They Had Learned in Photography School
- Famous Album Cover Photos Uncropped to Reveal 'The Bigger Picture'
- Google Ordered to Pay Woman After Capturing Her Cleavage with Street View Cameras
- Psyphotology: A Look at Why People Are Afraid to Be In Front of a Camera, and How to Fix That
- 10 Reasons Why a Professional Photographer Left Nikon for Sony Mirrorless
- 99 Cent: A Look at the Widespread Confusion Over a Photo Gursky DIDN'T Shoot
- Photography Was One of Three Things Steve Jobs Wanted to Reinvent
- Casio Announces Compact Camera That Can Improve Your Golf Swing
- ‘My Saddest Photo Yet': Does Astronaut Photo from Space Show Israel and Gaza Burning?
- Samsung Debuts ISOCELL Sensor Tech, Promises up to 30% More Dynamic Range
- Panasonic Announces G5 Mirrorless and Slew of Compact Cameras