In addition to slowly replacing the need for compact cameras, the cameras found on mobile phones will also have a huge impact on how we live our lives in the area of augmented reality. Word Lens is a crazy new free app for the iPhone that translates between Spanish and English in real-time in the video feed, allowing you to read the world in your language through your cell phone. As this technology becomes available for more and more languages, it will change the way people survive in foreign countries.
Hot Stories Top 100
- Artist Sparks Outrage After Using Instagram to Share Her Vandalism of at Least 10 National Parks
- Camera+ For iPhone is Free Through November 16th; Here's How to Get It
- Video: The Golden Ratio vs. The Rule of Thirds
- A Photograph of Your Face in a Jar Makes for a Creepy Halloween Prank
- This Photographer Has an Interesting Technique for Keeping His Subjects' Eyes Glued to Him
- Shot Face: Portraits of People Captured Immediately After Taking a Shot of Booze
- GoPro Vs. Golf Club: See if a Naked GoPro Can Survive a Swing from a 9 Iron
- Cheap Camera Challenge: A Hole for a Viewfinder, No LCD, and No Idea if You're Actually Taking...
- What Would You Do if the Prime Minister of India Stole Your Photo?
- Steampunk Friends for Life: A Little Story About the Power of Networking as a Photographer
- Baby Arthur Recreates Famous Scenes From Classic Movies
- Instagram Available for Windows Phone, Lacks Some Key Features
- The ‘Doco’ Extension Gives Photoshop the Documents Panel It’s Always Needed
- Homemade “Fiberstrobe” Uses Fiber Optics to Split Light
- Instagram Opens Up Signups Ahead of its Impending Arrival on Android