Trey Ratcliff is the well-known and well-loved HDR photographer behind the travel photography blog Stuck in Customs, and in this behind-the-scenes video he talks you though his gear and how he sets up a few shots of this rocky beach in the Virgin Islands. The video offers some great insight into Trey’s thought process as he composes the resulting HDR images, one of which you can see in higher resolution (including some 100% crops) here.
Hot Stories Top 100
- Filipino Domestic Worker Earns Prestigious Magnum Fellowship for Her Photography
- Call of Duty Ad Imagines the Crazy Man Behind the KillCam Camera
- Photographer Shoots a Portrait of Every Book Reader Spotted on the Subway
- JPEG Voodoo: Or, Does JPEG File Size Matter?
- Photographer Makes Fruits and Vegetables Glow by Sticking Lights Inside
- Underwater Photographer Finds Himself Engulfed by a Sperm Whale 'Poopsplosion'
- 31 Rolls of Undeveloped Film from a Soldier in WWII Discovered and Processed
- Photographer Suing Nike for Ripping Off His Photo for Its Iconic Jordan 'Jumpman' Logo
- Animated GIFs Reveal the Retouching That Went Into Composited Photos
- Sports Illustrated Lays Off All Remaining Staff Photographers
- Wacky Rolling Shutter Effect Captured by iPhone Placed in Guitar
- These Printable Camera Designs Are Great for Kids Crafts and Fun Decor
- iPad Offers Little for Photographers
- An Intro to the Life & Work of World Press Photo-Winning Wildlife Photog Ingo Arndt
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Master Tweets Photos of “Mugging Attempt” as it Unfolds