Another entry for our list of “random things made awesome by slow motion”: here’s a video of a steel ball being dropped into fine sand heated to about 500° C, at which point it takes on strange liquid properties. Be sure to also check out the water drop at 2000 fps video we posted in the beginning of the year if you haven’t seen it.
Hot Stories Top 100
- GoPro Survives 17 Months Bouncing Around a Riverbed After Filming Its Final Moments
- Revisiting the Case of the Wedding Photographer Threatened with a $300,000 Lawsuit
- Marked Up Photographs Show How Iconic Prints Were Edited in the Darkroom
- Inside the Warrior: Striking Portraits that Reveal the Masculine Side of Yoga
- Musician Ryan Adams Stops Show to Yell at Fan Whose Flash Triggers His Ménière’s Disease
- A Photo Found on a Fuji X100S That Paid a Visit to the Fuji Repair Facility
- When Pricing Your Photography, Focus on the Value of Your Images
- Next iPhone Camera Said to Pack a 'Weird Two Lens System' That Delivers 'DSLR Quality'
- Taylor Swift Crashes Young Fan's Photo Shoot While Out Jogging in Nashville
- The Bob Ross of Bug Photography Returns with a Solid Overview of the Macro Workflow