Another entry for our list of “random things made awesome by slow motion”: here’s a video of a steel ball being dropped into fine sand heated to about 500° C, at which point it takes on strange liquid properties. Be sure to also check out the water drop at 2000 fps video we posted in the beginning of the year if you haven’t seen it.
Hot Stories Top 100
- This Sports Photographer Missed an Incredible Catch and Got Fired... Except He Didn't... and He...
- Marked Up Photographs Show How Iconic Prints Were Edited in the Darkroom
- Old Photos Reveal Weird Thanksgiving Traditions from 100 Years Ago
- Impressive Product Photograph Captured with a Smartphone, a Lamp, and a Few Flashlights
- Power Hungry: Poignant Photos Compare the Meals of the Rich and Poor Throughout History
- Young Self-Taught Photographer Captures Wanderers Against Magnificent Landscapes
- Sony Officially Announces the a7II in the US! Will Ship in Time for Christmas
- Flickr Taking Heat from CC Photographers for Selling Their Work as Wall Art Without Compensation
- GoPro Survives 17 Months Bouncing Around a Riverbed After Filming Its Final Moments
- CNN Cameraman Pits the iPhone 6 Against His Standard Issue Broadcast Camera