Another entry for our list of “random things made awesome by slow motion”: here’s a video of a steel ball being dropped into fine sand heated to about 500° C, at which point it takes on strange liquid properties. Be sure to also check out the water drop at 2000 fps video we posted in the beginning of the year if you haven’t seen it.
Hot Stories Top 100
- How I Drastically Improved My Photography with Just Two Little Decisions
- What Color is This Dress? Is it Under or Over Exposed?
- Portraits of Men with Their Beloved Cat Companions
- Watch Flashback Anti-Paparazzi Clothing Ruin Flash Photographs
- Leonard Nimoy's Passion for Photography
- Town Accuses Photographer of Staging His Shots That Won World Press Photo
- 12,225 Mile Road Trip Around America in a 5-Minute Time-Lapse
- A First Look at the HDR Merge Feature Coming Soon in Lightroom 6
- Download a Free Copy of the $60 Perfect Effects 9 by onOne Software
- These Are the Darkroom Techniques Photoshop's Tools Are Based On
- Faking Anime Fight Scenes is Emerging As a Fun Photo Fad in Japan
- Creative Photographer Promo Mailer that Begs to Be Kept
- What if Every Olympic Sport Was Photographed Like Beach Volleyball?
- Nikon Stock Hits Three Year Low, Prompts Company to Restructure
- An Epic Way to Show Off Your Favorite Polaroid Photographs