Another entry for our list of “random things made awesome by slow motion”: here’s a video of a steel ball being dropped into fine sand heated to about 500° C, at which point it takes on strange liquid properties. Be sure to also check out the water drop at 2000 fps video we posted in the beginning of the year if you haven’t seen it.
Hot Stories Top 100
- 13 Mind-Bending Thoughts About Photography
- Photo of a Syrian Girl Surrendering to the Camera Breaks the Internet's Heart
- The World's Smallest 80MP Medium Format Camera for Drones Unveiled by Phase One Industrial
- Taking Pictures: A Cute Animated Short About Love and Photography
- Seascapes: Ocean Waves Photographed to Look Like Mountain Ranges
- Satire: Disgruntled Pixel Peepers Say Canon 5DS Still Not Enough
- How to Do Cinematic Color Grading on Your Photos with Photoshop
- How to Capture Stunning Star Trail Photos in Light Polluted Places
- 'Stormlapse' Photographer Ryan McGinnis Shares His Most Epic Shots of 2014
- Is This a First Look at Canon's Upcoming Large Sensor PowerShot Camera?