Here’s a short and sweet video in which photographer/entrepreneur Gary Fong shares his “red hallway” trick for turning a drab background into something colorful. The basic idea is to trick your camera into thinking the world is a certain color by doing custom white balancing with a colored gel in front of the lens. Once you have the WB set, use the gel over your flash to color balance your subject while the background is transformed.
Hot Stories Top 100
- National Geographic Lists Its Top 10 Compact Cameras for Travelers
- GoPro HERO4 Revealed! 4K Video at 30FPS and the First Built-In Touch Display
- Nixie: A Tiny Flying Camera Drone You Wear On Your Wrist
- GoPro to Launch a Cheaper, Low-End Action Camera Simply Called the HERO. Here It Is.
- Judging America: A Series of Jarring Portrait GIFs that Alternate Between Judgement and Reality
- The Types of People You Find in a NEW Photographer Facebook Group
- A Breathtaking Motion Time-Lapse Tour of Norway
- Dream Creatures: Reflected Images of Tree Bark Reveal the Faces Hiding in the Forest
- 'Where Are They Burning the Bodies': Documenting the Ebola Outbreak in Liberia
- Lens Comparison Shows Off a Big Advantage of Micro Four Thirds: No Future Back Surgery