Freelance news photographer Phil Datz was recording the conclusion of a police chase from the opposite sidewalk last Friday when he was confronted by a police officer and commanded to “go away”. Though he politely obeyed and moved a block further from the scene, the officer decided to arrest him for “obstruction of governmental administration”. The latest news is that the department is planning to drop the charges and put its officers through “media relations training”.
Hot Stories Top 100
- Call of Duty Ad Imagines the Crazy Man Behind the KillCam Camera
- Photographer Shoots a Portrait of Every Book Reader Spotted on the Subway
- Filipino Domestic Worker Earns Prestigious Magnum Fellowship for Her Photography
- The Leatherman Tread Moves Your Multi-Tool Out of Your Camera Bag and Onto Your Wrist
- Photographer Makes Fruits and Vegetables Glow by Sticking Lights Inside
- 31 Rolls of Undeveloped Film from a Soldier in WWII Discovered and Processed
- Words of Wisdom for Photographers by Renowned Photojournalist Steve McCurry
- JPEG Voodoo: Or, Does JPEG File Size Matter?
- Macro Photos That Focus In on the Beautiful Details of Ordinary Things
- 24 Tips by Legendary Filmmaker Werner Herzog
- What if Movies Were Written and Voiced-Over by Little Kids?
- Pentax’s EVIL Plans Apparently Leaked by Citigroup Report
- Biiwatch: A Wireless Smartphone Camera Remote for Your Wrist
- Awesome DIY Steel and Wood Panoramic Camera Shoots 6×17 Photos, Gets 4 Photos Per Roll of 120 Film
- Photographer Creates Clever Pinhole Headgear to Capture Unique Selfies