“Nowhere Near Here” is a creative video by Pahnl that uses light painted stencils for stop-motion animation, following a glowing dog on its journeys around a city. Production took over 300 hours, and involved getting down on the knees to light paint over 200 stencils. Ironically, a dog almost peed on the camera during shooting.
Hot Stories Top 100
- Video: Football Player Falls On and Snaps Canon Telephoto Lens in Half on the Sideline
- Beauty Retouching from the Early 1900s: A Portrait of Actress Joan Crawford That's 'Photoshopped'
- Photographer Accidentally Captures a Rare Fireball Explosion in His Night Sky Time-Lapse
- Photographer Alex Teuscher's Moody Photos of New York City 'Above as Below'
- Photographer Pays Homage to Childhood by Inserting Star Wars Into Real World Snapshots
- This Nighttime Shoot Involved 9,000 Pounds of Gear and Skiers Covered with 7,000 LEDs
- The Flickr iPad App Has Officially Arrived
- Photographer Says Goodbye to Her Dog of 16 Years with a Touching Portrait Shoot
- Canon Reveals 'World's Longest' 4K Cine Lens: A 50-1000mm Monster that Costs $78K
- Help Scientists Track Cosmic Ray Particles Using Your Smartphone Camera
- A First-Person View of Photographing the Protests in Brazil
- Photo Series Illustrates Crayon Colors by Using the Objects They’re Named After
- Back to Basics: Useful Tutorial Shows You How to Properly Assess & Clean Your Gear
- More Ways to View Lytro Photos with Google Chrome Extensions
- War Photographer Don McCullin Reflects on a Career of Chasing Haunting Images