Admittedly, lighting tutorials are pretty common these days; but when it comes to a subject as vast as proper lighting in the studio, more info can’t hurt. This 10 minute tutorial from The Slanted Lens by Jay P. Morgan runs you through the differences between octaboxes/octadomes and the traditional softbox, when it might be beneficial to use one over the other, and how to choose the proper octabox lighting setup to fit your needs. All pretty useful info if you ask us.
Hot Stories Top 100
- Canon 5Ds Leaked! It's a 50.6MP Full Frame DSLR
- Unretouched Photo from Justin Bieber's Calvin Klein Shoot Reveals Photoshop Enhancements
- Will the Real Landscape Photography Please Stand Up?
- 'Cloud Bursting' Service Can Ensure Sunny Wedding Photos for $150,000
- The Magical Fairy Tale-Inspired Portraits of Ukrainian Photographer Anita Anti
- 'Photographs': A Touching Animated Short About an Old Lady and a Polaroid Camera
- Watch How DSLR Shutters Work in 10,000FPS Super Slow Motion
- How I Shot a Triple Transit of Jupiter's Moons from My Driveway With My DSLR
- Adobe Files Lawsuit Against Forever 21 for Pirating Copies of Photoshop
- How I Built a Custom Desk and Wire-Free Workspace for My Photo Editing