Freelance news photographer Phil Datz was recording the conclusion of a police chase from the opposite sidewalk last Friday when he was confronted by a police officer and commanded to “go away”. Though he politely obeyed and moved a block further from the scene, the officer decided to arrest him for “obstruction of governmental administration”. The latest news is that the department is planning to drop the charges and put its officers through “media relations training”.
Hot Stories Top 100
- The Unbelievable Case of Teresa Blau Kursman, a Pathological Photo Stealer Who Just Doesn't Stop
- Photographer Cleverly Shames HuffPo After They Use Her Imgur-Hosted Photo without Permission
- Photographer Puts the iPhone 5S, 6 and 6 Plus Through Their Paces in Iceland
- Sony A7s Video Shot Using Only Moonlight Looks Like it Was Captured at Dawn
- Old, Inexpensive, and Tack-Sharp: Canon’s Best Lenses You Don’t Know About
- Biracial Woman Asks Photoshop Artists From 18 Countries to 'Make Her Beautiful'
- Video: Review Pits the Nikon D750 Against the D610 and D810
- California Lawyer Photoshopped Herself into Pics with Celebrities, Now Faces Suspension
- Humor: 'Creepiest Canon Camera Review EVER' Parodies Camera Comparisons
- Useful Free Lightroom Plugin Shows You What Focus Points Your Camera Used for Each Photo