Freelance news photographer Phil Datz was recording the conclusion of a police chase from the opposite sidewalk last Friday when he was confronted by a police officer and commanded to “go away”. Though he politely obeyed and moved a block further from the scene, the officer decided to arrest him for “obstruction of governmental administration”. The latest news is that the department is planning to drop the charges and put its officers through “media relations training”.
Hot Stories Top 100
- Artist Sparks Outrage After Using Instagram to Share Her Vandalism of at Least 10 National Parks
- Video: The Golden Ratio vs. The Rule of Thirds
- Camera+ For iPhone is Free Through November 16th; Here's How to Get It
- A Photograph of Your Face in a Jar Makes for a Creepy Halloween Prank
- Shot Face: Portraits of People Captured Immediately After Taking a Shot of Booze
- GoPro Vs. Golf Club: See if a Naked GoPro Can Survive a Swing from a 9 Iron
- Cheap Camera Challenge: A Hole for a Viewfinder, No LCD, and No Idea if You're Actually Taking...
- This Photographer Has an Interesting Technique for Keeping His Subjects' Eyes Glued to Him
- What Would You Do if the Prime Minister of India Stole Your Photo?
- Steampunk Friends for Life: A Little Story About the Power of Networking as a Photographer