Freelance news photographer Phil Datz was recording the conclusion of a police chase from the opposite sidewalk last Friday when he was confronted by a police officer and commanded to “go away”. Though he politely obeyed and moved a block further from the scene, the officer decided to arrest him for “obstruction of governmental administration”. The latest news is that the department is planning to drop the charges and put its officers through “media relations training”.
Hot Stories Top 100
- How I Make Money as a Travel Photographer in 2015
- Policeman Returns Woman's Smartphone by Posting Photos to Her Facebook Page
- A Look at the Upcoming LG G4 Phone's 'Pro' Camera, f/1.8 Lens, and Manual Controls
- Lightroom CC Will Be Announced Tomorrow
- How I Built My First Photo Studio Over the Course of Three Months
- A Wedding Photographer Story
- Man Claims the Sony RX100 III Has Dangerous Levels of Radiation, Is Quickly Shot Down
- Ted Forbes Answers the Question 'Should I Work for Free?'
- Man Who Shot South Carolina Police Shooting Wants $10,000 Per Use
- These Animated GIFs Show the Evolution of Cameras Through History