Nokia made quite a splash earlier this year by unveiling the PureView 808 — a smartphone with a large 41-megapixel sensor and a high quality Carl Zeiss lens. The 8-minute behind-the-scenes video above — filmed entirely with the phone, by the way — is the story of how this device was born, starting from a napkin sketch in a Tokyo bar. Nokia is currently the world’s largest manufacturer of cameras, and devoted 400 employees toward the creation of the PureView 808.
Hot Stories Top 100
- Humor: Local Woman Prints iPhone Photos, Leaving Friends and Family Shocked
- Student and Photo Enthusiast Takes His Own Grad Photo, Blows Away the Standard Grad Shot
- Top 10 Rules of Travel Photography
- Eerie and Fascinating Photos of a Completely Empty New York City Taken in 1964
- Video: How to Effectively Capture Realistic-Looking HDR Images
- These Beautiful, High-Contrast, Black & White Street Photos are a Testament to Great Composition
- RAW vs JPEG: Using Real-World Examples to Illustrate the Difference
- Border Official Threatens Boy Scout with 10 Years in Prison and $10K Fine for Taking a Picture
- Motley Crüe Licensing Agreement Won't Even Let Concert Photographers License Their Own Images
- Video: Blind Photographer Shows Us What it Really Means to 'See'