Nokia made quite a splash earlier this year by unveiling the PureView 808 — a smartphone with a large 41-megapixel sensor and a high quality Carl Zeiss lens. The 8-minute behind-the-scenes video above — filmed entirely with the phone, by the way — is the story of how this device was born, starting from a napkin sketch in a Tokyo bar. Nokia is currently the world’s largest manufacturer of cameras, and devoted 400 employees toward the creation of the PureView 808.
Hot Stories Top 100
- New Zealand Newspaper Makes 'Appalling' Front Page Photo Mistake by Using Facebook
- Ghostly Images of WiFi Signals Captured Using Long Exposure Photography and an Android App
- Things I Learned After My Photo Hit #1 on Reddit, and Why I Probably Shouldn't Have Posted It
- Kayakers Raised Out of the Water by Playful Whale, Capture the Incredible Encounter on Camera
- Crop or Crap: Zack Arias Takes a Real-World Look at the Crop vs Full-Frame Debate
- Good Enough to Succeed in Photography
- No Bokeh? No Problem! These Out of Focus Backgrounds Hold You Over Until You Get that Fast Lens
- 6 Flash Alternatives Beginners Should Always Keep in Mind
- This is the Hypnotic Result of Duct Taping a GoPro to a Car Tire
- No Cameras Allowed: Is it Real or Fake?