One of the things you’ve likely seen when looking at product or review pages for lenses is an MTF chart, used by manufacturers to give consumers an idea of how sharp a particular lens is. If you’ve never gotten around to learning how to interpret these charts, here’s a helpful 10-minute video tutorial on the subject. Luminous Landscape and Cambridge in Colour have great tutorials on this as well if you’re more comfortable with text-based tutorials.
Hot Stories Top 100
- Marked Up Photographs Show How Iconic Prints Were Edited in the Darkroom
- CNN Cameraman Pits the iPhone 6 Against His Standard Issue Broadcast Camera
- Revisiting the Case of the Wedding Photographer Threatened with a $300,000 Lawsuit
- This Sports Photographer Missed an Incredible Catch and Got Fired... Except He Didn't... and He...
- South Korean Government Threatening Selfie Stick Retailers with $27K Fines and Jail Time
- Creative Underexposure with Nikon DSLRs
- Impressive Product Photograph Captured with a Smartphone, a Lamp, and a Few Flashlights
- Rumor: Two 50MP Canon DSLRs in the Works, One With and One Without a Low Pass Filter
- 6 Black and White Photography Tips for Monochrome Enthusiasts
- GoPro Survives 17 Months Bouncing Around a Riverbed After Filming Its Final Moments