YouTube filmmaker Casey Neistat‘s DSLR recently took a tumble, breaking a piece off of the built-in lens hood of his Sigma lens. Instead of sending the lens in for repairs, Neistat decided to do a thrifty repair himself. After finding a similar-sized jar lid on some peanut butter at a local grocery store, he created a replacement hood himself by drilling a large hole and a couple small screw holes into the lid. He calls the project “The Peanut Butter Solution”.
Hot Stories Top 100
- Photo of Woman Glued to Her Phone Wins the 2014 National Geographic Photo Contest
- Comparing the Image Quality of Film and Digital
- This Photographer Transforms His Dog Into Different Animals Every Holiday Season
- Fan Gets Karate Kicked by Guitarist While Snapping an On-Stage Selfie
- Columnist: Prince Harry Photographing Africans with Fujifilm X100 is 'Arrogant' and 'Colonial'
- Brooklyn Street Photographer Andre D. Wagner Talks Us Through His Photographic Process
- Megatron is Not a Fan of Selfies
- Famous Paintings Recreated as Photos Using Things Around the Office
- The Disorienting Beauty of Spiral Staircases in Old Abandoned Buildings
- This Guy Used a Photobooth to Capture Photos and a Video of His Proposal