Content aware fill was mind-boggling enough when it came out earlier this year, but what if the same concept could be applied to video… while the camera is recording? That’s the idea behind Diminished Reality, a topic being researched by Jan Herling and Wolfgang Broll at the Ilmenau University of Technology in Germany. Basically, you select something in the scene against a uniform background, and it disappears from the resulting video. Pretty crazy.
Hot Stories Top 100
- This is Why You Shouldn't Check Your Camera Gear In When Flying
- Man Has DSLR Stolen by Flight Attendant, Then Finds it on eBay and Gets It Back
- The Sun-Blaster: How to Build a Powerful DIY 1000W-Equivalent LED Light for $40
- A First-Person Shooter Called Street Photography
- Coming Soon: 52-Megapixel Cameras in Smartphones
- How to Use a B&W Layer in Photoshop to Adjust the Brightness of Colors In Photos
- Photo Scanning Businessman Being Sued for $90M After Making $120K Per Week
- Instagram Clarifies Its Rules on Copyright and Nudity
- WikiLeaks' Sony Docs: A7r II, A6000 II, and RX Cameras Coming. A-Mount Left to Die?
- Photographer Shaves Off Half His Beard for a Series of Surreal Self-Portraits