Content aware fill was mind-boggling enough when it came out earlier this year, but what if the same concept could be applied to video… while the camera is recording? That’s the idea behind Diminished Reality, a topic being researched by Jan Herling and Wolfgang Broll at the Ilmenau University of Technology in Germany. Basically, you select something in the scene against a uniform background, and it disappears from the resulting video. Pretty crazy.
Hot Stories Top 100
- Canon 5Ds Leaked! It's a 50.6MP Full Frame DSLR
- Unretouched Photo from Justin Bieber's Calvin Klein Shoot Reveals Photoshop Enhancements
- 'Cloud Bursting' Service Can Ensure Sunny Wedding Photos for $150,000
- 'Photographs': A Touching Animated Short About an Old Lady and a Polaroid Camera
- Watch How DSLR Shutters Work in 10,000FPS Super Slow Motion
- How I Shot a Triple Transit of Jupiter's Moons from My Driveway With My DSLR
- Will the Real Landscape Photography Please Stand Up?
- The Magical Fairy Tale-Inspired Portraits of Ukranian Photographer Anita Anti
- How I Built a Custom Desk and Wire-Free Workspace for My Photo Editing
- Adobe Files Lawsuit Against Forever 21 for Pirating Copies of Photoshop