This contraption is essentially a glorified egg timer with a tripod screw designed to allow for easy 360 degree time lapse images. The Camalapse, designed by video gear rental and retailer Camarush, slowly rotates in a full circle. If paired with a camera’s time-lapse feature, it can allow for pretty seamless, panning 360 degree time-lapse over an hour. You can also stitch resulting time-lapse photos together to make a 360 degree panoramic.
Hot Stories Top 100
- Artist Sparks Outrage After Using Instagram to Share Her Vandalism of at Least 10 National Parks
- Camera+ For iPhone is Free Through November 16th; Here's How to Get It
- Video: The Golden Ratio vs. The Rule of Thirds
- A Photograph of Your Face in a Jar Makes for a Creepy Halloween Prank
- This Photographer Has an Interesting Technique for Keeping His Subjects' Eyes Glued to Him
- Shot Face: Portraits of People Captured Immediately After Taking a Shot of Booze
- GoPro Vs. Golf Club: See if a Naked GoPro Can Survive a Swing from a 9 Iron
- Cheap Camera Challenge: A Hole for a Viewfinder, No LCD, and No Idea if You're Actually Taking...
- What Would You Do if the Prime Minister of India Stole Your Photo?
- Steampunk Friends for Life: A Little Story About the Power of Networking as a Photographer
- Gary Fong Lightsphere Versus a Piece of Tupperware
- Eric Kim Allowing High-Res Downloads of His Work for Free, Going ‘Open Source’
- Photographs of Children’s Games Turned Into Single-Color Sculptures
- Post-Apocalyptic Zombie Slaying Family Photographs
- Mini-Documentary on ‘Archtographist’ Anthony Vizzari